NFSAddons Forums

Mar 29, 2024, 6:11 AM

Hockey Playoffs!

This is a discussion for the topic Hockey Playoffs! on the board Racing & Other Sports.

Author Topic: Hockey Playoffs!  (Read 13343 times)

15 Replies on Hockey Playoffs!
on: Apr 08, 2008, 8:52 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Who's watching?

What are your picks?

Reply #1
on: Apr 08, 2008, 8:58 PM

I'll be watching....

GO SENS.....though it sucks that Alfredsson and Fisher will be out cause of Mark Bell and those decently nasty hits.

Reply #2
on: Apr 08, 2008, 11:54 PM

Quote from: bucksavage
I'll be watching....

GO SENS.....though it sucks that Alfredsson and Fisher will be out cause of Mark Bell and those decently nasty hits.
did you see Coach's Corner last Saturday? WTF was don Cheery talking about saying that the Bell hit was clean and the Cooke hit was dirty? Looked the other way around to me.

I'd like to see the Sens make it, but I think they're done first round :(

Gotta root for my Flames and Montreal :cool:

Reply #3
on: Apr 09, 2008, 8:48 PM

THe Bell Hit on Alfie, was just below borderline; part shoulder, mostly elbow (suspend his ass!!!!!), the knee on kneee hit on Fisher was dirty as old hell, remisicent of some of the likewise hits that got guys suspended....WTF!!!

Reply #4
on: Apr 09, 2008, 8:53 PM

Also.....friggen Ottawa lost!  Grrrrrrrr!  Was a decent game overall, Pitsburg played really well, Ottawa only played good for liek 30 minutes....the first goal was crappy; thoght Roberts shoulda got called for that mugging on Redden, then that goal woulda been wiped out....oh well.

Reply #5
on: Apr 09, 2008, 9:02 PM

• Personal Text
    Ferrarista and supercar lover
I only loosely follow hockey, but go Wild, I like their chances this year

Reply #6
on: Apr 11, 2008, 3:46 PM

Also.....friggen Ottawa lost!  Grrrrrrrr!  Was a decent game overall, Pitsburg played really well, Ottawa only played good for liek 30 minutes....the first goal was crappy; thoght Roberts shoulda got called for that mugging on Redden, then that goal woulda been wiped out....oh well.
I don't like Ottawa's chances this year. Pittsburgh is too strong and Ottawa is injury-riddled :(

Calgary stole one from SJ... hopefully they can take both games at home :)

Reply #7
on: Apr 11, 2008, 3:48 PM

Quote from: Lotec
I only loosely follow hockey, but go Wild, I like their chances this year
Not sure they have the experience to get too far in the playoffs. Nervousness got them in the first game. And the Avs have been in this position many times and prevailed.

I did pick Minnesota in my pool, though

Reply #8
on: Apr 12, 2008, 12:45 AM

Yeah Mike, Ottawa has too many injuries....Kelly Fisher and Alfredsson are all out, and I bet if even one of them were back in the lineup it would help their chances drastically.  Though I will say, they sure were a damned sight better tonight that in game one, even though they lost again.  Hopefully they can bounce back......

Reply #9
on: Apr 12, 2008, 1:31 AM

Yeah Mike, Ottawa has too many injuries....Kelly Fisher and Alfredsson are all out, and I bet if even one of them were back in the lineup it would help their chances drastically.  Though I will say, they sure were a damned sight better tonight that in game one, even though they lost again.  Hopefully they can bounce back......
Yeah, that was an impressive comeback. And how about that Caps game? Love how into it Ovechkin is

Reply #10
on: Apr 12, 2008, 2:08 PM

• Personal Text
Wild won last night!  Great game, they took control in the 3rd period and then scored immediately in OT, hopefully they'll be upstart enough to take the series

Reply #11
on: Apr 12, 2008, 10:02 PM

Ovechkin?!  That was freaking insane.....the way he went apesh## after that last goal was priceless.  Reminiscent of the Selanne, shockey stick as shotgun celebration.

Reply #12
on: Apr 13, 2008, 6:12 PM

Ovechkin?!  That was freaking insane.....the way he went apesh## after that last goal was priceless.  Reminiscent of the Selanne, shockey stick as shotgun celebration.
Didn't do much today though :(

Reply #13
on: Apr 15, 2008, 4:45 PM

• Personal Text
How about the Wild, another OT victory! :bigthumb:

Reply #14
on: Apr 15, 2008, 8:56 PM

Friggen Ottawa!  Grrrr!  I love my team, but they gotta find a way to damned win!  It seems that Spezza and Heatley just want to take a nap out there.....what was the point of getting experience intrades, to squander it like this....?  Oh well......rant done.......for now.

Support NFSAddons: