NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 6:27 AM

MLB 2008

This is a discussion for the topic MLB 2008 on the board Racing & Other Sports.

Author Topic: MLB 2008  (Read 16766 times)

Reply #15
on: May 12, 2008, 6:12 PM
View Profile

TS

Quote from: Lotec
So TS, how about those Cubs sweeping the D-Backs ;)  REVERSE THE CURSE!
I think the outcome would've been different if Johnson hadn't been scratched from the starting lineup. Also, I think Eric Byrnes has been too hard on himself for not hitting the ball as well as he's used to, and it's been affecting him mentally. Yeah, I know we have guys like Chris Young, Stephen Drew, Mark Reynolds and a host of others that can hit the ball well. Except for Randy Johnson and Chris Snyder, Byrnes is probably the most experienced player in the club house and he needs to clear his mind and keep  the boys going.

But man that 10 game stretch was hard on the D-Backs, only 3 wins and a sweep by the Cubs. :(

Quote from: CrownVic316
Haha nobody seems to be very happy with the AL east right now... Anyway how many outfielders do the Jays have now? :p I know the yanks have like 8 or something, but a couple of them are just utility players...
I'm surprised by how well the Rays are doing in the East, they're only like 2 games behind of the Red Sox in the AL East, and it's the first time in quite a while that the Rays have finished April with a record above .500.

Reply #16
on: May 12, 2008, 7:37 PM

• Personal Text
    Ferrarista and supercar lover
Quote from: TS
So TS, how about those Cubs sweeping the D-Backs ;)  REVERSE THE CURSE!
I think the outcome would've been different if Johnson hadn't been scratched from the starting lineup. Also, I think Eric Byrnes has been too hard on himself for not hitting the ball as well as he's used to, and it's been affecting him mentally. Yeah, I know we have guys like Chris Young, Stephen Drew, Mark Reynolds and a host of others that can hit the ball well. Except for Randy Johnson and Chris Snyder, Byrnes is probably the most experienced player in the club house and he needs to clear his mind and keep  the boys going.

But man that 10 game stretch was hard on the D-Backs, only 3 wins and a sweep by the Cubs. :(

Quote from: CrownVic316
Haha nobody seems to be very happy with the AL east right now... Anyway how many outfielders do the Jays have now? :p I know the yanks have like 8 or something, but a couple of them are just utility players...
I'm surprised by how well the Rays are doing in the East, they're only like 2 games behind of the Red Sox in the AL East, and it's the first time in quite a while that the Rays have finished April with a record above .500.
No because Carlos Zambrano would be shutting you guys down like he has been all year!  If it wasn't for Brandon Webb, Z would be the front runner for the NL Cy Young IMO

Also the first time EVER the Rays have been 5 games over .500 :eek3:

Reply #17
on: May 13, 2008, 6:15 PM
View Profile

TS

No because Carlos Zambrano would be shutting you guys down like he has been all year!  If it wasn't for Brandon Webb, Z would be the front runner for the NL Cy Young IMO
Touche.

Reply #18
on: May 13, 2008, 9:44 PM

BTW, I think the Jays, by my last count have, Rios, Stewart, Wells (currently injured), Stairs (if really needed, Lind...I can't remember the rest.....5 in total I think....not sure

Support NFSAddons: