NFSAddons Forums

Mar 29, 2024, 3:24 AM

Car Upload FAQ

This is a discussion for the topic Car Upload FAQ on the board Site Suggestions/Feedback.

Author Topic: Car Upload FAQ  (Read 8378 times)

2 Replies on Car Upload FAQ
on: Jan 12, 2007, 5:44 AM

I figured this was worth posting, since I've gotten some PMs/IMs about it over the last few months (and hell, I wanted to know some of this stuff myself! :ugh:)

-The thumbnail picture size is 150x103 (you could actually check this by looking at the properties of an existing car's thumbnail picture)

-We had some glitches with screenshots being certain resolutions or file types in the past, but as far as I recall they have been corrected -- though I still suggest to use 640x480 JPEG (with some compression).

-FYI, if you use JPEG, be sure that your car is not red -- red is notorious for having the worst picture quality with JPEG.

-On the subject of car colors, try not to use dark colors -- people in most cases won't want to waste the time downloading your car to see what it looks like in the game if they can't see it in the screenshot. I personally use whites and silvers or other similar bright(er) colors.

-If uploading for NFS High Stakes and your car has engine sounds, you can reduce the file size by deleting the SCARENG.BNK file from your CAR.VIV. I want to say it was Zpectre that mentioned this in the car engine editing guide that that file does nothing but take up space and serves no particular purpose. :D

don't let the "mecha done with NFS" topic fool you ... I still intend to remain a part of this staff so long as it is RealLife(tm) feasible. don't hesitate to PM or IM me if you have questions -- it's what I'm on staff here for!

thanks,

THE MANAGEMENT

Reply #1
on: Jan 12, 2007, 5:55 AM

• Personal Text
    Most Wanted V.I.P.
But........
What about the cars which have no colours? If their texture is by default red,black or any similar dark colour. ;)
SCARENG.BNK is a useful file. When we select Split screen & select both cars same, Player 1's car will have the original engine sound from CARENG.BNK stored in the car's viv file while the Player 2's car sound will change.  ;)
Also will the staff really open the car.viv file to check whether there are any extra files contained in it? :rolleyes:

Reply #2
on: Jan 13, 2007, 7:57 AM

I think you have totally missed the point, sir.

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.

Support NFSAddons: