NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 3:31 AM

Mirror Dashboard and Other Guidance...

This is a discussion for the topic Mirror Dashboard and Other Guidance... on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: Mirror Dashboard and Other Guidance...  (Read 4524 times)

6 Replies on Mirror Dashboard and Other Guidance...
on: Oct 22, 2017, 11:00 AM

Hi everyone.

I need some guidance as to how to do these things:

1. Is there a way to mirror a dashboard, so in the dashboard view the pilot is in the right seat instead of the left seat?

2. How can I delete some parts for a car in an *.fce file. For example, let's suppose I have a car that has a spoiler. But I just want the car without it, how do I do it?

3. How can I add a missing part or poligon. The exact opposite of the previous question.

Thanks to all in advance.
Slowly flowing the energy through my body, and falling embers embrace myself.

Reply #1
on: Oct 22, 2017, 11:37 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
I think, you have to use some Car Editor, bud an we all know AJ_L would know, but I see the Spoiler/Wing, is like an OT Part most times, I'm not Sure if they use old Car cad,program anymore...
Listen, I have to my Question, about Track polygons, in here for Help I need to.
It's about my new Road I want them to go example, === this was but when I'm making my Road, now we're it is,in Position
All the poly's,just want go this way' -- [ [ an it's not good
Well, it's not a great example, if AJ, if you show up, in here,how can I turn around, my poly's, to make new ones easier,  not side ways,rotation mode won't work for it as I seen.
Ok
Box car racer hope you get answers to. People here shouldn't be bashing,on.me just because, I need some help to... because, it's about making me Quit this site.  ::) Example cya
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2017, 11:47 AM by WiLL »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #2
on: Oct 22, 2017, 12:24 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
Hi everyone.

I need some guidance as to how to do these things:

1. Is there a way to mirror a dashboard, so in the dashboard view the pilot is in the right seat instead of the left seat?

2. How can I delete some parts for a car in an *.fce file. For example, let's suppose I have a car that has a spoiler. But I just want the car without it, how do I do it?

3. How can I add a missing part or poligon. The exact opposite of the previous question.

Thanks to all in advance.

All of that can be done in ZModeler.

1-Import the dash.fce file into ZModeler, select the parts you want to mirror, activate "SEL" button, leave only the H axis button enabled, use the Modify > Mirror tool in the front (or back, or top) view, then use the Modify > Reorient tool and finally use the Display > Center axis tool to fix the parts' axis. When you're done, export the part as .fce again.

2-Depending of the case it might be just a matter of importing the part in ZModeler and deleting the spoiler part or the polygons that make it (switch to polygon mode, ,click on the part, select the polies you want to delete and delete them)

3-Missing parts can be imported but missing polies have to created (either by splitting nearby polygons with the Modify > Break tool in either polygon or edge mode, then joining them with the Create > Objects > UniteSelect tool in vertices mode; or by using any of the tools under Create > Faces). You might have to remap the newly created polygons.

I think, you have to use some Car Editor, bud an we all know AJ_L would know, but I see the Spoiler/Wing, is like an OT Part most times, I'm not Sure if they use old Car cad,program anymore...
Listen, I have to my Question, about Track polygons, in here for Help I need to.
It's about my new Road I want them to go example, === this was but when I'm making my Road, now we're it is,in Position
All the poly's,just want go this way' -- [ [ an it's not good
Well, it's not a great example, if AJ, if you show up, in here,how can I turn around, my poly's, to make new ones easier,  not side ways,rotation mode won't work for it as I seen.
Ok
Box car racer hope you get answers to. People here shouldn't be bashing,on.me just because, I need some help to... because, it's about making me Quit this site.  ::) Example cya

You can't rotate track polygons like object ones, you have to adjust them manually like this.

BTW, you're better off you make a thread for your track projects in the Editing Projects sub-forum because barging into other's people's threads with your projects is seen as rude to other people.

Reply #3
on: Oct 22, 2017, 12:38 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Nice pics,seen before,yes I kinda knew, I had to turn them around, Manually.
I wasn't Barging,,, in on him was just replying to Bcracer.an chatting to,So
Thanks for the Tips again. :]
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #4
on: Dec 10, 2017, 7:29 AM

Sorry to reply so late guys.

I'm just finishing these semester's Masters Degree the following week.

AJ thanks for the support already tried the mirror. However I think I might try it on the car since when you mirror a dashboard you have to realign the speedometer and other things as well. Might just be less work on the car.

I have yet to try the other stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Reply #5
on: Dec 23, 2017, 7:50 PM

AJ.

I think you're gonna kill me :( . Where can I find the Switch to "Poligon Mode". I've been searching in the Zmodelers Help Guide, but I can't seem to find it. As well as putting the mouse to see the button tooltips.  :P

Thanks for your help.

Reply #6
on: Dec 23, 2017, 8:28 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
AJ.

I think you're gonna kill me :( . Where can I find the Switch to "Poligon Mode". I've been searching in the Zmodelers Help Guide, but I can't seem to find it. As well as putting the mouse to see the button tooltips.  :P

Thanks for your help.

Drat, it was called "Faces" mode, not "Polygon" mode :X

Support NFSAddons: