NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 11:44 AM

NFS HS Mixer (NFS4 Track & Car Manager) for Modern Patch

This is a discussion for the topic NFS HS Mixer (NFS4 Track & Car Manager) for Modern Patch on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: NFS HS Mixer (NFS4 Track & Car Manager) for Modern Patch  (Read 7343 times)

14 Replies on NFS HS Mixer (NFS4 Track & Car Manager) for Modern Patch
on: Jul 30, 2017, 2:01 AM

I've modified the Mixer that it no longer need the registry to look for NFS and don't uses it to store data. The program is almost portable now. You can move the HS folder, rename or copy it. The Mixer just needs to be in a sub folder of the game directory. But it still needs some DLLs to run, you have to install them once. That's why I split the setup in two parts.

First select what you want to install. If you have copied this Mixer version from somewhere you may just need to install the DLLs. If you upgrade from a previous version be sure you switched to standard tracklist first.

If you install the Mixer, select the NFS4 directory. The Setup will create a 'Mixer' sub folder there.

Download lies on Magenta Cloud.
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2020, 12:39 AM by JimDiabolo »
Get T3ED, Stock & Expansion Pack from Magenta Cloud.

Reply #1
on: Jul 30, 2017, 2:46 AM

Reply #2
on: Jul 30, 2017, 2:59 AM

So if i understand it right, installer do two things... install dlls somewhere into windows and put mixer exe into mixer subfolder whatever i choose to install it

And when i want i can copy it into another NFS4 folder with modern patch and it will work.

Reply #3
on: Jul 30, 2017, 7:01 AM

Good to see you still update the mixer.

Is it possible to add a column in the carmanager which tells you if a vidwall/showcase exists?

Reply #4
on: Jul 30, 2017, 7:05 AM

So if i understand it right, installer do two things... install dlls somewhere into windows and put mixer exe into mixer subfolder whatever i choose to install it

And when i want i can copy it into another NFS4 folder with modern patch and it will work.
The Mixer needs two things:
- Beeing in a subfolder of the game.
- Those DLLs installed.

Reply #5
on: Jul 30, 2017, 11:02 AM

Awesome update. The Mixer now perfectly cooperates with the modern patch.
Running multiple instances with different archives is no problem anymore.

Reply #6
on: Jul 31, 2017, 8:03 PM

I guess I know why NFS3 Scene Selector and NFS 3 Manager does not work for me. Registry issues. Great job though, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to using this.

Reply #7
on: Aug 04, 2017, 5:08 AM

One more thing, if NFS4 is installed in a path where changes can be made without Administrator privileges you can delete the "Mixer.exe.manifest" file. Afterwards the Mixer will run with user rights.

Reply #8
on: Aug 04, 2017, 3:11 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
I still need to try this out... thanks JimD  ^-^ 
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #9
on: Sep 04, 2017, 5:00 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
Jim, I would like to point out there is a very simple way to make the Mixer full portable: just put the required dlls into the Mixer folder (Windows allows that way of loading dlls)

Reply #10
on: Sep 05, 2020, 8:53 PM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
    NFS Classics 4 Ever.
Sorry for reviving a 3 years old post, but it's possible to get a link fo that Mixer Portable yet? I'm very interested to make all my NFS HS stuff portable on Win 10 without messing with the registry.

Thanks!
NFS Classics 4 Ever.

High Stakes Modding & Gameplays: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM6iLQXpAJxknqaziZss5uw

Reply #11
on: Sep 06, 2020, 12:42 AM

I just fixed the MagentaCloud download link above.

Reply #12
on: Sep 06, 2020, 11:10 AM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
    NFS Classics 4 Ever.
Jim, I would like to point out there is a very simple way to make the Mixer full portable: just put the required dlls into the Mixer folder (Windows allows that way of loading dlls)

Can you extend more of that point please? If I run Mixer with all its .dll in a NFS HS subfolder, appears an error telling me that "Mixer needs to be installed MSSTDFMT.dll" to work

Edit: Thanks for your quick response Jim! I'm planning to full mod the game for stratch...again
NFS Classics 4 Ever.

High Stakes Modding & Gameplays: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM6iLQXpAJxknqaziZss5uw

Reply #13
on: Sep 24, 2020, 6:02 AM

• Personal Text
    CARP.TXT maker

Can you extend more of that point please? If I run Mixer with all its .dll in a NFS HS subfolder, appears an error telling me that "Mixer needs to be installed MSSTDFMT.dll" to work

Edit: Thanks for your quick response Jim! I'm planning to full mod the game for stratch...again

He's saying that all the required libraries (aka .dll) should be in the same folder where mixer.exe is. Are you sure you have put the libraries where mixer.exe is? I bet you put the dlls where nfs4.exe is.
If you did things right, your last try might be to register the dlls with the cmd command regsvr32 (google how to).
Always looking for NFSIISE source code

Reply #14
on: Nov 21, 2020, 5:53 AM

Hey guys! I have a problem.
When i add new tracks to the Mixer with their respective audio banks, the audio banks simply won't wok. That means when i drive for example a Redrock Ridge Replacement that is not on the position of Redrock Ridge you won't hear the track/area sounds you usually hear when driving Redrock Ridge. This is also happening when i drive Redrock Ridge itself on any other position than Redrock Ridge. Any suggestions what i might have done wrong?
Cheers

Support NFSAddons: