NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 8:11 AM

1975/76 Plymouth Fury rework .. started!

This is a discussion for the topic 1975/76 Plymouth Fury rework .. started! on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: 1975/76 Plymouth Fury rework .. started!  (Read 11619 times)

26 Replies on 1975/76 Plymouth Fury rework .. started!
on: Apr 25, 2017, 1:31 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Good news folks, started reworking the '77 Fury to the '75/76 model today, I have finally found a useable rendition of the original taillights from this 'for sale' car, a Sheriff Rosco replica based on the authentic 1975 Plymouth model .. ^-^

see attached pics for an impression of what the taillights look like so far .. now beginning the front end rework :)
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2017, 1:39 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #1
on: Apr 25, 2017, 12:01 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Grille is retextured, new front is remodelled and marker ODL added, headlight lenses still to be done, what do you think of it? :D

Reply #2
on: Apr 25, 2017, 8:06 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Nice Pics, of Rosco'-s Remake car, nice Detail for you yes sir. So I'm happy for that...
Great Reworks Frank so.. far. I been doing the Same all week too.  :) no major Glitchs,, so far an-
That makes, me happier to. Were, you find these pics at, or were is it from California? 
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #3
on: Apr 26, 2017, 1:30 AM

Hey Frank. Can you show some top view? From what I can see, work goes pretty good, but it appears like you can try to make these V-shapes in the middle of headlights on frontend more sharper, and increase angle between these planes, especially in the front. I noticed that '77 have more smoother lines in the same place.
Here, take a look at frontend shot:

Reply #4
on: Apr 26, 2017, 1:52 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
@Rider66: already noticed that, too .. and is done ^-^ I splitted the verts on those long narrow body parts above the lights so these lines look sharper now. I added round 3D headlights now but they're only laid upon the dark grey planes, I could try to make them 'sunk into' those planes like on the real car but that would mean more polies, if that doesn't matter to you? (plz. keep in mind that this only the plain base car ... Police cars will have alot more polies because of the lightbar and stuff ..)

I also reworked the front bumper shape to those two soft edges beneath the headlights both the '75 and the '77 had ... ;)

look at attached pics for current state ... polyload: 3088, meshload 538kB .. this is of course less than the '77 -in the first place- since I removed the Police parts (teardrop dashlight beacon and the 'doubled' vinyl roof) for a plain Racer version ..
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2017, 2:27 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #5
on: Apr 26, 2017, 2:13 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
.. here are some additional Zmodeler top view shots to show the new edges also on the front bumper ..
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2017, 2:18 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #6
on: Apr 26, 2017, 5:23 AM

Yeah, seems much more like real thing now, good job on that!
From the polyload you described, I think it's a good amount of spare polys to spend on detailed sunken headlights you mentioned. After all, you can try to keep current implementation as a backup, and in case of REALLY heavy police car, use it in that certain model.

Reply #7
on: Apr 26, 2017, 7:20 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
thx Rider ;) I made a try now to transpose the lenses more to the inside, therefor I had to add a lot polies as said and also the surrounding chrome trim is now full 'polygonized' instead of just being an additional layer behind the grey planes (see pic 'transposed_lights' and 'polygonized_trim'). While I was at it I broke the vertical splines so I could also give the trim a more 'rounder' look like the real car has it. Additionally I scaled the lights a bit larger, they still seemed to me too small ('rounded_trim').

The much bigger problem is (or was ::)) the closed flat front panel behind the grill, I had to delete these polies so the front is now completely open (notice the gaps), so I will have to fill them somehow now :-\

Reply #8
on: Apr 26, 2017, 7:54 AM

Looks great! I bet you will have lot of fun with this car. :D

Reply #9
on: Apr 26, 2017, 8:04 AM

Frank, can you show wires on different angle, more like from centerline instead of side of the car, and grill hidden? I think that there should be no problem with doing correct polies for that part. However, it seems like some original polies around the area will need some work, too. It's always about additional work here and there, eh?  =D

Reply #10
on: Apr 26, 2017, 8:44 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
thx Dark One, I already do have much fun being just at it, even more than on the '77 ^-^

@Rider: got an idea now .. I will seperate the base plate polies of that grey square behind the lenses and create new polies from the edges' verts to the body so I can fill the gaps around it while still leaving a rectangular gap for the lights =D

Sometimes you don't see the forest for the trees ::)

Reply #11
on: Apr 26, 2017, 9:03 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Ok, managed to close the gaps in the way I described (and left those holes for the light cones .. see 'new_front_panel.png') :)

Also made new exhausts in the way it can be seen on the real rearview pics, closer to the middle and cranked downwards ('new_exhaust_pipes.png')

Since it no longer has an internal Police light (which would disappear because of alpha channel transparency method ;)) I also tinted the windows again more and detached the side windows as :OT part so they can be hidden in menu, very useful for the few smokers that are still left .. =D

see attached pics of current state, I also added the car for testing (car_test.zip) without internal sounds .. fce meshload: 549kB, polyload: 3199

I will see what I can do about the layered taillights still, that's a reasonable objection Paul always had raised, if the bumper normals don't get messed up I will try to 'countersink' them into the rear bumper as a merged part so let's see what will become of it .. ^-^

Reply #12
on: Apr 27, 2017, 12:39 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
I have now 'recessed' the taillights into the rear bumper so is now actual part of it (though I detached it again and merged to :OC part for proper ODL lighting) .. :)

last pic: seems the cooling device needs an overhaul .. a probable result of too many excessive test rides .. cough ;) :o
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2017, 1:16 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #13
on: Apr 27, 2017, 6:13 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Final correction of the rear bumper's outer edges, they were exceeding the body too much laterally ...

Car_test.zip is attached again .. meshload 548kB, polyload 3186 (most recent and odds-on final state ;))
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2017, 6:22 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #14
on: Apr 27, 2017, 9:45 AM

Nice work once again! The car looks pretty badass, and I can't wait to see it in pursuit livery. :police:

Support NFSAddons: