NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 5:08 PM

my interim project ..

This is a discussion for the topic my interim project .. on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: my interim project ..  (Read 4406 times)

7 Replies on my interim project ..
on: Apr 19, 2017, 10:35 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Just to send a proof of life I want to show you what I'm currently at, just a short one for relaxation .. ^-^

Another iconic car of the eighties and seen in many movies and TV shows, the 1980's Chevy Impala LAPD:

Picture of an authentic museum car from a contemporary Presidential motorcade:

Based on my rework of DodgeBoy's 1980's Impala 'Buckingham Masson Police' it will be found on Police H.Q. ;)

See attached pic for current state; it uses the new AeroDynic I made for the 'Terminator' movie car but with some more detail added like a base plate Paul missed so painfully =D
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2017, 10:55 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #1
on: Apr 23, 2017, 3:55 AM

Excellent, Once done do you plan on adding sculpted bodylines to the mesh? If so I can use it to make some of the diecast police Impalas I have by Majorette:

NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #2
on: Apr 23, 2017, 6:26 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
OMG .. say do you also have old LESNEY toy cars, Matchbox's precedessor? I had some among my toys in my childhood but my mother gave away all my Matchbox and other toy cars sometimes then .. :-X .. I like the 'Military' ones btw, wow .. =D

No I haven't added 3D body-/doorlines since I wanted to keep poly- and meshload as low as possible, but I can make a different base car with it for you if you need it ;) .. meshload is 695kB @ 3699 polies

Now to the car itself; if you have already d/led my reworked DB-based 80's 'undercover' Impala from Police H.Q. it has some changes concerning the interior and also wheels ...

.. dashboard is reworked and has a new lit dash (ODL) since I splitted some polies, the Police radio equipment has an ODL now, too; the hubcabs are remapped to imitate reflections (since HS still doesn't show them :-\); the inner flat planes of the hubcabs are retextured to imitate a certain 'mill-cut' look of the original hubcabs' Chevy emblem ... (if you compare with pic 'pre-final_state')
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2017, 7:33 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #3
on: Apr 23, 2017, 11:31 PM

OMG .. say do you also have old LESNEY toy cars, Matchbox's precedessor? I had some among my toys in my childhood but my mother gave away all my Matchbox and other toy cars sometimes then .. :-X .. I like the 'Military' ones btw, wow .. =D

No I haven't added 3D body-/doorlines since I wanted to keep poly- and meshload as low as possible, but I can make a different base car with it for you if you need it ;) .. meshload is 695kB @ 3699 polies

Now to the car itself; if you have already d/led my reworked DB-based 80's 'undercover' Impala from Police H.Q. it has some changes concerning the interior and also wheels ...

.. dashboard is reworked and has a new lit dash (ODL) since I splitted some polies, the Police radio equipment has an ODL now, too; the hubcabs are remapped to imitate reflections (since HS still doesn't show them :-\); the inner flat planes of the hubcabs are retextured to imitate a certain 'mill-cut' look of the original hubcabs' Chevy emblem ... (if you compare with pic 'pre-final_state')

A diffrent base with body lines attached to the mesh would be great, I'd use it to make those cars shown, As for the Matchbox question, Well I have very few Lesney era ones (being born in 1982 and all :P) Most of mine was the Tyco era I believe but I do have some Lesney eras that I bought in later years, I think the 1979 Plymouth GranFury you've seen before of my collection is Lesney era and I have the 1960's Ford Galaxy police car (but we have no base of that yet :(), And I got some of the 1970 Mercury Parklane police cars too ( i think you can make that base by modding Baardk's 1971 Ford LTD as the body looks simular.)

http://www.nfscars.net/need-for-speed-high-stakes/2/files/view/1904/

I also have this OLD ambulance if we ever find a base:.

God I need to redo those pics with my new high quality camera  ::) I just never got round to doing it yet  :P.

Reply #4
on: Apr 24, 2017, 8:54 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
The old Fashion, pics do look cool tho,  Paul like classic old, with them to ;)
Hate Session is Over, Frank you can come back now. Its not, funny tho, it wasn't hating, it was Explaining,teaching  ::)  :-X  :-\
. Have a better day you guys, an nice, shots to Paul were you get most them at Btw.  8)
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2017, 8:56 PM by WiLL »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #5
on: Apr 25, 2017, 3:01 AM

The old Fashion, pics do look cool tho,  Paul like classic old, with them to ;)
Hate Session is Over, Frank you can come back now. Its not, funny tho, it wasn't hating, it was Explaining,teaching  ::)  :-X  :-\
. Have a better day you guys, an nice, shots to Paul were you get most them at Btw.  8)

The Majorette cars I got from a site Publicsafetydiecast.com but I do own those piced as well, The others I took pics of my own. As to where I got them? The Majorettes are survivors of my childhood,the Mercurys bought from Ebay,and the Mercedes ambulance was bought at a antique shop, The blue light was badly faded to near whitish though so I took a trip to HobbyLobby,picked up a small bottle of clear blue,went over it a bit with a tiny brush and restored it to it's blueness :D.

Reply #6
on: Apr 25, 2017, 5:41 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
that's Good Paul : ) yup, doing it yourself saves $ I really been liking are Sunshine, this spring, last Few days here, they say almost 67' Degrees up here, an it's Great. Sorry if off Topic, but um, I try ride my Mountain bike today,I have a bad ankle,  left one so it hurts much to ride real far, but I want get in shape more. Aired up the tires other day. It sunny warm in Chicago area paul? Cya)
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2017, 5:42 AM by WiLL »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #7
on: Apr 26, 2017, 5:58 AM

Now, that's nice! Truly a TV classic. 8) Add a generic police patch on the doors, and you will get the Impala patrol cars from Jake and the Fatman. :D

Support NFSAddons: