NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 12:39 PM

Yeehaw! - A Dukes of Hazzard project

This is a discussion for the topic Yeehaw! - A Dukes of Hazzard project on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: Yeehaw! - A Dukes of Hazzard project  (Read 44699 times)

Reply #45
on: May 11, 2017, 6:48 AM

Been busy with my empolyment recently. So not much news here.
The windows received a little tint, which improved visibility of the windows, especially at the sides.
I decided i want the handling to be a mix of realism arcade. Compared to default NFS4 handling it will be more realistic. One should feel the raw power of this car but also the heaviness and missing features like ABS and power steering - i think i found a nice balance and orientated myself on Geminiyo's 4Lower handlings.

Im confident i can resume work on the project soon.

Reply #46
on: May 26, 2017, 2:19 PM

Almost done. Almost.

Handling file still needs proper AI tuning, but else its finished. As you can see in the pics, i have default menu again to prepare the menu files  :)
Another finetuning happend to the model. Although it wasn't planned to rework or change the normals, i tested some calculations. It changes the overall look a lot, improving some aspects.
But i dont want to talk to much about it, since i wanted to see some oppinions about the new reflections...

Reply #47
on: May 26, 2017, 5:39 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Hi there, Madman I guess I try to make some Comments,  I Reckon yup  ^-^ Oh I like the Detail Works on the Gen-Lee an the body lines, if any, I Don't seem to notice any.. problems, imperfections, at all  ???
Also I'm thinking you'll be able to get a Better, Air-Time off my Final Track, jumps, I have Refined them, better Softer, the Ai) Bus, an car's,don't seem to crash,off them no more. But some times, they go to fast off it. Lol.
So it make some better Screens, I think when ever the Track gets posted up on,the Site  :)

Just a Good-Ole Boy, game it Is...  =D
I try play a few Rounds tonight. Soon.
Nice pics too Madman thanks for-
Sharing again. Greets
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 5:42 PM by WiLL »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #48
on: May 27, 2017, 2:06 AM

Just like to say I really like what you've done, the car looks fantastic in those pic's.

I see you renamed playercar menu in gas station.Still a bit Detroit muscle feel.

Reply #49
on: May 27, 2017, 1:25 PM

WOW... General Lee looks absolutely fantastic... the details are perfect... and so is the body colour now.
There are just 3 little thinks I could find which you may fix if you like:

1) There is a little gap in the rear panel between the wheelhouse and the taillights... its hard to see but maybe its worth a fix
2) The black panel around the taillights is some kind of silk flat black in real life... flat (matt) black would fit a little better than this high gloss one
3) the "R/T" logo between the taillights is not correct on the General Lee... sometimes he has no logo at all but most of the time he has this "CHARGER [>]" logo

Reply #50
on: May 28, 2017, 3:10 AM

Thanks Cooya.
I will try to improve the mentioned stuff. Without reflections the black rear panel might look a little weird tho, will try.

About the logo issue i though a lot already :)
Actually most of the time during the show they removed these emblems just keeping the charger lettering. Like in this picture:

If you look closely you can even see the former "R/T" letters there btw (or view with high contrast).
On the official DVD box set a short info film also states the General is meant to be a Dodge Charger R/T 440 (not a 426 hemi), as well as information about performance (zero to 60mph in 6 seconds and a top speed of 157 mph).
To save production costs they actually used other chargers as well, yes even reworked 1968 chargers were used. But these cars are "actors" and meant to represent a R/T charger.
So, all in all there is some room for speculations. The choice is keep or remove the emblems....since i like these emblems i decided to keep them. Hope i was able to kinda explain this decision :)

Okay, now another thing that bothers me regarding the reflections:
i think reworking the normals did improve many things but im not really satisfied with the edges on the sides.

I think ingame they look too "sharp". Was hoping for some tipps how to properly adjust the vertex-normals to get the edges a tiny, little bit more smooth.
Or is it just "experimenting" with those 3 sliders in Zmodeler (Projection, Current...)?

Reply #51
on: May 28, 2017, 3:16 AM
Administrator Hero Member

I can find no flaws in it anymore, much respect for all the work you're putting into this.
I loved this one screenshot because it looks so iconic, like a screencap directly from the TV show:

Reply #52
on: May 28, 2017, 8:29 AM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
Elaborating on Cooya!'s words, the gap looks like a normals issue. The biggest problem with these cars from MW, Carbon, etc. is that EA had a way of doing things that isn't in our best interest. In NFS4 you have to use the lower LOD and I think they did those lower detail meshes by computer instead of hand, cleaning up afterwards. So the lower detail is often less smooth than it could've been, as it's supposed to be seen only from distance.

There are plenty of community meshes with better polygon placement than an EA car, though usermade cars usually have their own problems (overuse of polygons in other areas, bad textures, bad normals and wrong proportions). Can't blame them, though, because resources were scarce in the early 2000s. The cars of Team RSR, Martin Leps and others took long to make because these things take long to do right.

I also don't know how Reggaeton converted the car as I've never used it nor tinkered with it.

But yeah, aside from that, the car looks pretty much perfect. I like your work a lot, MADMAN! Badge should be easy to fix and rear plastic part is easy to change as well. We're long due a General Lee in NFS. :D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 8:31 AM by Zpectre »

Reply #53
on: May 28, 2017, 9:01 AM

Indeed, the car was converted from NFS-Carbon and this mesh is LOD2 or LOD3 probably. So its not "just" a normal issue, there is an actual gap there. You can see if you look closely to the picture remko cited.
The rear panel has simply more polies (to appear more rounded) then the car body, for sake of saving polies...

No easy fix for the reflections here... i managed to close the gap (so you cant look through). But for proper reflections it would be neccessary to remodel the back part completely at those spots. Not worth it imo, so i guess we have to live with this tiny flaw...

Reply #54
on: May 28, 2017, 10:18 AM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
I see. Yeah, the cars have a lot of little bugs... Lots of MW and Carbon cars aren't even symmetric, if you look closely. It's hard to spot once the car is ready, but looking at the wireframe you can see it, and other bad stuff like the gap in the Charger.

Reply #55
on: Oct 15, 2017, 6:17 AM

Resumed work on the project after some kind of "summer pause".  :)

I further tweaked the exterior and fixed all things Cooya mentioned in his last posting.

For me it was also important to create a nice cockpit view for the Charger. I did not model the interior by myself. Instead i used the (converted) charger cockpit from MCO and dash parts from another 3D model as base (https://www.yobi3d.com/v/sn0WLKrvNJ/dd.3ds/charger-dodge).
It took me some time to arrange all parts for correct visibilty but im pretty happy with the outcome now. Surely it is not perfect and still needs some texture work, but definitely has more details than the edited truck cockpit from my Road Warrior project.

Hope i will be able post some ingame screens soon.

Reply #56
on: Oct 15, 2017, 9:46 AM

Glad you are back.look forward for this.

Reply #57
on: Oct 15, 2017, 10:07 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Hi Madman_Nfs-
Yes, I'm taking time to say a few lines, man this Addiction,for are Hobby, Arts we Got. Lolz  all good rite.?. I like your Dash,an Steering wheel,well made, Simulated wood, nice.
Glad to see this Update for sure.. Guy.

We'll, I'm busy on my old NFS-3' originated Track, all about trying make I a better place! ) about 60% done so far...
Always much to go over,like more Visibility, but in the better,most parts of View.
I noticed if I messed,with the Animated, Crane at all it crash out the whole track, ::) ( cause I want retexture it nicer, but you can't ,when it's a Global object, poly mode, won't work.
 But, I'm making backups!!
 An having no major,issues of yet so. But,I just have to experiment, more on it.
An last still trying,  to fix a new Road. I messed up on,because of Steep, Elevation deal. So, I just have to Straighten it out more Anyway,  but I have  things to do. Yeah, Summer is gone here now,it was some kind of Break.  Oh yeah,my project has Nothing to do with, Halloween... it's about making it, Work, an be Nicer on the Eye's!  8) maybe be Completed by, end of the month, who knows... rite?
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2017, 5:39 AM by WiLL »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #58
on: Oct 15, 2017, 11:21 AM

Wonderful, Don't forget these, I think they are ready to post for download FINALLY at the police H.Q. :D.

NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #59
on: Oct 18, 2017, 4:33 AM

Support NFSAddons: