NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 11:08 PM

traffic Buses and Semis ..

This is a discussion for the topic traffic Buses and Semis .. on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: traffic Buses and Semis ..  (Read 16398 times)

38 Replies on traffic Buses and Semis ..
on: Feb 15, 2017, 2:34 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Folks since AJ has now uploaded his cool 'Traffic Pack' I do not want to withhold that any longer ..

Through the years I created/modified some traffic stuff that should then later become also part of a probable 'Bandit run' game release ...

As some might have already seen it on screenshots or on postings I made some traffic cars that are uhm .. a little 'unusual' since they're partly real Semi trucks .. NFS cannot really handle semis so the normal way to create this is brakes parts (OLB/ORB) being 'truck' and :HB being trailor, nothing new to some ..

Looks as said a little strange in-game but after you got used to it is nice for a change in usual traffic ...

I think the 'Snowman' Semi is by now somewhat well-known among the most of you so here's some other ..
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2017, 2:46 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #1
on: Feb 15, 2017, 2:42 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
.. and right onto that point another question ... I had also reworked the default EA EBus a little more today .. that large stuff is hard to display and take screenshots of in-game .. so here's also some ZModeler views .. I added a typical 'night lighting' or 'sleep lights' to the EBus like some might have already seen that riding back home on such a bus hours and hours during night ...

Well, at least I do ... back from schoolday's class' journeys or so ...

What you like better, the green or blue lighting inside ...?

No 'fumbling' on the rear seats plz .. =D
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2017, 3:14 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #2
on: Feb 16, 2017, 4:13 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
some more pics of the FH12 Esemi .. currently reworking the carp.txt files for better driver car's steering ability ..

those semis need to have a front wheel drive entry to make it behave more like a truck 'n' trailor compo but NFS doesn't really support that so a lot of tweaking and testing is necessary ... :P

Good thing is the AI adopts that quite well but since I also want to make each traffic car driveable it is still bit hard to realize .. ::)

I added some more detail to my old traffic stuff like lateral underrun protectors and other stuff since VEG patch now allows to have more detailed traffic cars ...

Some of the pics might appear quite well-known to those who are underway on European roads everyday ... ;)
Although most of us consider the large amount of trucks on nowadays roads as annoying I nevertheless dedicate that to the hard working truck drivers being on road any time of the year no matter what and supply us with our everyday consumers' goods ... :)
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2017, 5:04 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #3
on: Feb 16, 2017, 6:56 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Hey there um, I like the Green inside lights better bud: )
An do you know, when the Bus leave for L.A. at all Or the next one.. Rite  =D   8) I'm glad your Fixing them up Frank, I like the Grader is great on my Summit track.  Sometimes, I have Doubts, about the Veg, patch Handling all these... at times no worries,well u know at times,about the poly loads.
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2017, 9:39 AM by WiLL »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #4
on: Feb 17, 2017, 9:06 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
You may consider this strange somehow but I love modding NFS traffic ..

here's last update on the 'Rubberduck-alike' semi truck tanker .. has now better tire textures as well and I gave it some fictional lettering on the trailer's tank with 'Fangio Oil' signs on it like it is found on some signs on his great outback track saying 'Fangio Oil Company' and also some 'flammable' hazard symbols on it.

Hope you like it or is too much? The driveable version will have that Oil Company lettering as :OT so can then also be unchecked ..

I also corrected or better adopted that great truck dashview from Roby Design's Peterbilt truck which was also the base for that or to be more exact his 'Old Truck' but I cannot find that Peterbilt 351 'Old truck' base again.

The dashview is now a bit polyreduced and is moved to the actual driver's cab position of the truck and trailer composition so is realistic position in-game, see pic(s). Further I made the mirror areas 'high glossy' so now they're actually reflecting -LOL

One compromise on a six wheeler still is the following .. the truck's rear axle(s) is like on the FH12 'front wheel' in order to have them steering with the truck.
Since there aren't four front wheels available -LOL I made each axle a front wheel pair so the axles 'transverse' during steering, looks strange but better than to not have them steering at all ...
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2017, 9:17 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #5
on: Feb 17, 2017, 10:56 AM

FranknFurter said:  "You may consider this strange somehow but I love modding NFS traffic .. "

I'm not surprised anymore, you like modding everything related to nfs4 don't you? ^-^

Just mean to say ,you do nice things.

Reply #6
on: Feb 17, 2017, 11:06 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
thx noise and .. good to hear that after a day like this .. won't tell here .. ::)

Yes is about fun to me .. seeing traffic run nicely and acting properly as well good looking if possible .. those rainy day pics showing the FH12 remind me alot of my own experiences on everyday roads.

NFS is still a game also old one but what keeps us from also making traffic as realistic as possible ^-^

I think it is even harder to make the AI stuff run better and more realistic than creating 'Super Cars' you can drive on your own ..

you like modding everything related to nfs4 don't you?
.. if I only knew better Hexediting :'(
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2017, 11:12 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #7
on: Feb 17, 2017, 11:25 AM

• Personal Text
 Hi Frank, just got done with Laundry fun.. ugh,changed sheets on my bed too, what we know huh  ::) I really see the better in that Dash view, is bit Higher, an the left mirror,  is black not see-thru,before cause I have that Semi old dash installed, but don't use it a lot. So.
I still try to make out, um, how the RubberDuck, they call it that? Never knew that  =D I mean, how it Steers, hoping better, than, SnowMan can to when you get to it ever...  :D. Well,have a TGIF, you guys to kinda warmer here today, not so bad, I want try some, Tiger Prawling tonight  ;) rite...  8)

Reply #8
on: Feb 17, 2017, 11:56 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
just got done with Laundry fun
so you found someone to get you out of the washer again eh? =D

I admit I never cared a lot about working on dash views but if once you got into it -LOL

Yes BaardK hade made a really nice Rubberduck Mack semi being pretty alot like the real one but was too highpoly for pre-VEG patch times so I made a simpler one on the Roby Design Peterbilt 351 'old Truck' base back then ...
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2017, 12:30 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #9
on: Feb 17, 2017, 12:29 PM

• Personal Text
Can't post good now Damn,,.phone Yes dashs, are had do. Heard.. no broads pal. I'm Free man ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2017, 12:32 PM by WiLL »

Reply #10
on: Feb 18, 2017, 8:58 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Grading News --- Grading News --- Grading News ---

Ok folks, that grader is now overall reworked and also performance tweaked to stay hard at the border to 25kph, below that makes the Snow dummies disappear and going much faster it would look unrealistic since it is a construction vehicle with a maximum speed of approx. 30kph when driving on road ... ^-^

I've also put some new 3D stuff to it like those upper lights and taillights and reworked the light dummies too ..

Was also way too big still by factor 1.1 since it is an old NFS3 vehicle (usually using 10% oversize ..) so I downscaled it by 90%, I don't even know where I got it from once .. found some pics showing a Volvo G-700 grader looks very similar so I based it on that measurement datasheet for resizing it.

How do you like the better wheels compared to old ones on the bottommost pic?
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2017, 9:29 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #11
on: Feb 18, 2017, 9:37 AM

• Personal Text
Hi Bro I was hoping, you wouldn't make it to.much smaller, cause we can see it coming, more when Smokey is on are Back door..so speak) )
It looks great so far! Bud, an did u put the yellow lens light on back to? Notice like New yellow, lights nice, an Triangle sign on back, what more me wonders  :o but really like the um,Changes so far Upgrades  =D man it's pretty  out in my town, today I'm freaking out about it.  ;)   8)

Reply #12
on: Feb 18, 2017, 9:53 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
don't worry is still big enough for sure ;) yes is all updated to latest 'State of the Art'.. driver's cab is now air-conditioned too -LOL .. but didn't want to add much more 3D stuff since those wheels are polycostly enough and there are still six of it .. ^-^

Did a lot of testing again too, works perfect now also on those narrow roads like on 'Norwegen' track :D

That red/white warning triangle on back had already been there, just brightened it up and made it bit clearer :)

pic: 'Grading Paris .. in pairs' -LOL
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2017, 11:30 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #13
on: Feb 18, 2017, 1:16 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
these are next and last but not least to mention traffic cars on schedule for some final refinement works ..

'traffic watertruck' using also that Peterbilt 351 base by Roby Design and the 'Snowman' semi, it is based upon the larger Peterbilt 379 which is also still available in d/l area on site.

The Snowman will also be part of future 'Bandit run' game setup for those who still dont' know ..;)

Don't know if that stuff was also worth an upload or becoming part of the traffic update pack but only to mention these ..
Traffic NFS6 'delivery van' (already reworked with an interior, a driver and better wheels), traffic Camper or 'motorhome' from very old NFS3 file, also still reworked a lot and perhaps this nice lowpoly but quite acceptable looking C-10 Silverado pickup ..

There were still more to mention but I'm afraid you start loosing overview? :o .. and topic was being 'traffic trucks and buses' so I will better stick with that ...;)
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2017, 3:32 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #14
on: Feb 20, 2017, 4:47 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
my old Watertruck is now also reworked ... added some 3D objects like working markers on front bumper ..
.. mirrors and some other stuff now looking bit nicer but is still 'Old Rusty' .. :D
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2017, 9:33 AM by FranknFurter »

Support NFSAddons: