NFSAddons Forums

Mar 29, 2024, 2:15 AM

about NEW Chally (Concept) again ...

This is a discussion for the topic about NEW Chally (Concept) again ... on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: about NEW Chally (Concept) again ...  (Read 7800 times)

Reply #15
on: Feb 19, 2017, 3:21 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Seems I'm in charge for that again lately .. >:( ^-^

Is ok if I use the original lettering from website header for that then later?

Any infos or even font available there for that?

At least is .png format so much more exact for basing than .jpg is .. any suggestions for colour scheme at least? Or just plain b/w?
I personally would prefer something different from that, perhaps something more 'European' or even Dutch (red and blue stripes on white?) like for Remko's home country's Police is using these colours also on their 'patatbus' T4's? ;)

'postponed is not withdrawn' .. free translated .. :)
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2017, 4:02 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #16
on: Feb 19, 2017, 4:14 AM

Dutch Police, I like that.

p.s.: they used Porsche 911 Targa also ;)

Reply #17
on: Feb 19, 2017, 9:19 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
I know .. =D =D =D ;)

That tilted stripes paint scheme is a pain in the ass for texture reworks normally since needs large texture areas if you want to have those stripes clear and also sharp enough with then not much space left for other details, but if you have a look at my 'double trouble' trick -I mean that 'doubled' roof on e.g. the 83LT or that new doubled hood on Chally- I already may be on some way finding a solution for that dilemma of either having nice texture details or giving up texture space for that large paint scheme ... ^-^

I know well that overlaying polies for a vinyl or decal on main body is not being considered the 'king's way' but let's see what is outcome later then .. :)

Just that much: if you can imagine the micro-striped hood from Chally turned by 45° this also eleminates those 'stepping pixel' viewing effects when having to create tilted stripes in textures normally ...

There's a nice saying matching this figuratively somehow: 'If the mountain ('texture') won't come ('fit') to Muhammad ('car'), Muhammad ('car') must go ('adopt') to the mountain ('texture') ..'
.. or bit simpler: if you can't turn the texture just turn the car ... =D

So there actually is something cooking ... ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2017, 10:17 AM by FranknFurter »

Support NFSAddons: