NFSAddons Forums

Mar 29, 2024, 2:04 AM

Dun Da Dun Dunt

This is a discussion for the topic Dun Da Dun Dunt on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: Dun Da Dun Dunt  (Read 2774 times)

2 Replies on Dun Da Dun Dunt
on: Jan 28, 2017, 8:55 PM

How many of you know the Dragnet series and love it?   =D ^-^ :police:?

I have been binge watching this since age 14 or so and still do today occasionally, I like most that was my age at the time they started started with the color Dragnet 1967-1970 series, However back when I worked for Sam's Club I bought a DVD set they had of Dragnet there, Thinking it was that same series I poped it in and was amazed, This was a black&white series from the 1950's vs what I was used to watching :o. This got my curiosity sparked so I looked into it on Wikipedia, I discovered it started as a radio show in 1949 and that ran til 1957, The DVDs I'd picked up was the FIRST TV series of Dragnet from 1951-1957.

Fast forward many,many years into the future and I got to thinking it would be great to put these cars the main characters used in my favorite PC game I mod, After much searching I finally found a suitable car to make the gold Ford Fairlane 500 4 door used in the color TV series, It would indeed be the ultimate test of the Veg patch as this was a GTA 4 car at topped out at 80 thousand plus polys  :o. While all went fine with ZModeler 1 (just slowed it loading a bit) it crashed my other editing programs  :-[ So like it or not I had to cut this down..ALOT!,

Finally I got it knocked way down, I haven't took a final count yet now that it's done (was just too happy to bother) but I'd say around 15000-16000 or so maybe less..

Anywho..I found out there was 2 diffrent cars used, One was the 1967 Ford Fairlane we all know and love.:

But few knew there was a inital Dragnet movie from 1966 which was the pilot of what became Dragnet 1967-1970. In this movie they used the 1966 Fairlane which has some minor diffrences from the 1967 as you xcan see.:

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2017, 5:04 PM by Paul Spain »
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #1
on: Jan 28, 2017, 10:28 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
was even before my time hard to believe but ok .. ::) was being called 'Stahlnetz' (dragnet) in Germany ..
It had a similar plot and ran during the fifties/sixties .. first true 'Blockbuster' in Germany .. same time iconic and a blueprint 'crime theme' for all times ever a true milestone >:(<-#- :police: .. -chapeau-

https://www.youtube.com/v/S_6zodQ3IDQ
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2017, 10:50 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #2
on: Jan 29, 2017, 2:51 AM

was even before my time hard to believe but ok .. ::) was being called 'Stahlnetz' (dragnet) in Germany ..
It had a similar plot and ran during the fifties/sixties .. first true 'Blockbuster' in Germany .. same time iconic and a blueprint 'crime theme' for all times ever a true milestone >:(<-#- :police: .. -chapeau-

https://www.youtube.com/v/S_6zodQ3IDQ

I didn't know Germany got to see Dragnet too :O. Nice, I bet many a polizist who was young kids back then watching it now act like Jack Webb LOL but speaking it all in German when they go out on calls and respond.

I often compare the DDR series Polizeiruf 110 to Dragnet, I find the 2 simular except in that they never told what the offender was sentenced to, Dragnet did but if you wanted to research if the offender served their sentence or if it was death, If it was carried out or commuted later to life or even something less severe this was hard as Dragnet changed names, For example in the pilot to the color version, The 1966 movie I mentioned, The 2 hunt a photographer/lonely hearts club member/kidnapper, snatching women, This is based off the real life lonely hearts killer named Harry Glatmann or Gleitmann (Might even be Harvy..I forget which) which you can watch the real story of on YouTube..Just search Lonely Hearts Killer, Indeed even though they changed names everything was accurate as could be, Right up to the end where they find his tool box which is filled with pics he took of his victems while tied up and gaged :O.

Also if you wanna learn more of Dragnet and the stories reenacted on it I reccomend reading the book The Badge by Jack Webb himself, It chronicels the cases deemed too controversial or graphic to reenact on TV even back then.

Anyhow back to the main topic..The cars, I also plan on doing the car from the black&white series if I can find a 1951 Ford 4 door, Better check Mafia and Mafia 2 mods as they have these 1950's cars alot :).
NFS HighStakes is the best

Support NFSAddons: