NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 2:58 AM

'69 Charger by Krystoff

This is a discussion for the topic '69 Charger by Krystoff on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: '69 Charger by Krystoff  (Read 13480 times)

Reply #30
on: Feb 10, 2017, 12:20 AM

Nice Charger.

Wish I tried the test version, because I think the doorlines could be better.

Reply #31
on: Feb 10, 2017, 2:53 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
that's another justified objection you bring in there thx noise but I'm afraid there isn't a lot I can do about it since the bodylines are only mapped and the .fce colour table (see 2nd attached pic) uses high saturation values (mostly full saturation) on the body mesh ingame except for the two light ones so nearly all texture details on the body are being superimposed by that :-\

I could've done 3D lines easily as well but thinking of polycount again .. well ::)

I have attached an increased in contrast Car00.tga file for you to test that issue .. notice the difference compared to default one I made but if you look at the in-game screenshot you can also notice the disadvantage of that -no comment- (that's how the original Toca texture looked like similarily in result .. if not even worse concerning bad colour stepping) ... :o

.. and on the brighter colours (the intense ones) you may not see any difference to the default one as well :-\

The high saturation colours are necessary since those screaming 60's/70's factory colours wouldn't otherwise come out clearly enough .. ^-^

So it's up to oneself perhaps to decrease the saturation values on the fce colour table for each colour individually since I left them unchanged and if one can live with the outcome in the end then .. ::)
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2017, 3:22 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #32
on: Feb 11, 2017, 2:08 AM

Thnx for explanation.I can live with it.

Reply #33
on: Feb 11, 2017, 2:43 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
that's calming me immensely bro but thx for objection anyway you know where such can lead to only to the better ;) ^-^

Support NFSAddons: