NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 12:18 PM

That 'Terminator' Police car .. continued ;)

This is a discussion for the topic That 'Terminator' Police car .. continued ;) on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: That 'Terminator' Police car .. continued ;)  (Read 10253 times)

Reply #15
on: Jan 11, 2017, 12:52 PM

Frank I did a great pattern for AeroDynic lightbars, It's damn close XD, I did one for the older 4 rotators 4 front/4 back flashers scheme and one for the standard issue 2 front/2 back flashers 6 rotators scheme, I'll show you when I get home, We unfortunatly block most vid sites here at work (what are they so scared of LOL?) As for the LAPD motto: To Care And Protect I wonder if maybe they changed Serve to Care because LAPD threatened legal action or something? I admit I'd never noticed it was altered like that til I saw that one pic from the movie, I'd never paid attention to that part LOL. 
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #16
on: Jan 11, 2017, 12:56 PM

Oh, right. And remember that rest of the police cars had "dedicated to serve" on them.

Reply #17
on: Jan 11, 2017, 1:01 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
feel sry for that too .. ain't there a way to do a word of us all towards him ... like 'feel better pal' or so .. I know that doesn't help much but only as a sign of empathy towards him? .. dunno .. :-\

Spoke to him since that but felt wouldn't help much .. :(

Edit: @Paul thx to hear from u also pal ... that motto on recent car isn't at all real since taken from movie but 'to care and to protect' motto was certain request by Dark One so ... -LOL
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2017, 1:42 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #18
on: Jan 12, 2017, 9:06 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
You mentioned that already ... All other cars used in the movie had that 'dedicated to serve' motto on them .. makes me thinking 'bout .. could it be that that one car Arnie had used (in the stills and close-ups) should be a unique car that later was to be put up for an auction ...? -LOL

When I was searching for that motto decals I only found 'dedicated to serve ..' well ... another thought was that that unique motto on his sole car should have been an anticipation to the sequel where he then rather cared for and protected the Connors instead .. late conjectural thoughts of probable movie background that is .. ^-^

Or it just being a mistake like always ... :P

So if there are no objections and contradictions to the current outcome I will then prepare the upload and send the 'Arnie car' to Remko =D :police:
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2017, 9:52 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #19
on: Jan 12, 2017, 11:53 AM

Maybe the lettering is too close. The way I see it mapped on the car, maybe it would help to move the lettering on the texture down a bit, and widen the distance between the lettering and car number a little. That way you won't even have to touch the modding tools, just resaving the texture, and it should still looks like on the screenshot. But that is the only nitpicking I can come up with, :lol: so just ignore me, and pass it through. ;)

Reply #20
on: Jan 12, 2017, 11:57 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
dang would've told earlier pal ... just have sent the file to Remko -LOL

Ok I could tell him to withhold it still until I corrected the texture .. will any way take another day or two until is published .. :-\

You mean from .. this .. to .. that .. perhaps? It's one pixel's width lower like that ...
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2017, 12:08 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #21
on: Jan 12, 2017, 12:00 PM

Nah. Just let it be. It's only due to the fact that you made the lettering bit bigger, that it looks too close now, but other than that it's perfect. ;)

Exactly. I should have told you earlier. :lol:

Also, it was apparent that the Furry and the other police cars that appeared in the movie, were reused from some other set, while the Monaco had the particular marking, and then there was the unit number, just printed on the paper, not even in the corresponding font and held in the place by a goddamn Scoth tape. :lol:
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2017, 12:10 PM by Dark One »

Reply #22
on: Jan 12, 2017, 12:09 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
no prob for me pal .. just want it to be perfect ... your wish is my command then .. ^-^

seems also right to me, also like it better that way .. ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2017, 12:13 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #23
on: Jan 12, 2017, 12:14 PM

Remko will punish us both :lol: but thanks either way.

Reply #24
on: Jan 12, 2017, 12:15 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
as not to say 'kill' us -LOL .. think he's used to that not only by me .. no prob pal ...

needs a big bouquet of flowers betimes .. if he was a woman .. ;)

what if we sent to him a nice pallet of Dutch beer 'Heinecken' u know sometimes .. =D
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2017, 12:29 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #25
on: Jan 12, 2017, 12:34 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
ok I have sent the altered texture zipped as well as the whole new Car.viv to Remko .. hope we're not being banned for that ..
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2017, 12:36 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #26
on: Jan 12, 2017, 12:40 PM

Lets just say, that the car is as good as it can get now. ;)

Else Remko will really terminate us. :lol:

Reply #27
on: Jan 12, 2017, 1:22 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
So ur not to upset that Arnie doesn't wear a pumpgun? -LOL

Support NFSAddons: