NFSAddons Forums

Mar 29, 2024, 12:34 AM

That 'Terminator' Police car .. continued ;)

This is a discussion for the topic That 'Terminator' Police car .. continued ;) on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: That 'Terminator' Police car .. continued ;)  (Read 10256 times)

27 Replies on That 'Terminator' Police car .. continued ;)
on: Jan 10, 2017, 7:03 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Back at work folks ... hard one after WE's kale debaucheries .. ;)

made the door decal and plate so far today see attached ... didn't get much better .. hope is ok for you ... :-\

that motto has become a bit too large perhaps but otherwise it wouldn't be much readable anymore .. :(

needs the 52" AeroDynic still (NYPD AeroTwin had a 48") and other stuff to do ... will see if I can do smth. about Arnie's face still I mean mapping that to the driver not a face job what would be better perhaps -LOL :P :)

Btw does anyone know what trousers he wore on that scene .. haven't found pics .. needed for the driver's texture .. ???

Must he also have that pumpgun in his hand? 'Oh .. must I, Miss Sophie ..?' -nevermind- ..LOL

Uh yes question still folks .. I haven't seen a unit number on the roof like LAPD cars normally had that, but since this is obviously an old CHP or whatever car it didn't have one ... that right so far? So I could use that free texture space for something else like .. Arnie's pretty face then? :o

How about also a K-9 unit? -LOL

« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2017, 9:39 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #1
on: Jan 10, 2017, 10:56 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
update: Arnie's face /off erhm .. done .. ok, one hour of work an' lots of beer so I could bear that °|o

Cheerio Ms. Sophie ..

Reply #2
on: Jan 10, 2017, 11:14 AM

Nice work so far, Frank. :D

The car (neither the Monaco, nor the Fury) indeed had no roof number, let alone the shop/unit number on trunk lid. Whether it was due to the unusual marking, with four digit unit number, or just lazy prop guys, it saves the texture for something else.

And I don't see anything wrong with the motto, just the police lettering is maybe too big. ;)

That Arnie looks "terminating" though. 8)

Reply #3
on: Jan 10, 2017, 11:22 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
thx Dark One ..
hmm dunno .. that above large pic's again a darn backup vehicle so one cannot tell from that really .. the lettering size is a little too big ok .. but still readable and also sharp as well then ... have a look at attached 'policecar3_zps.. .jpg' above, I took that for prototype .. lettering is indeed smaller but mapping in this case wouldn't allow a much smaller size, I tried several different sizes but then lettering becomes flawy/blurry .. :(

Paul if you read this .. the 52" AeroDynic is underway, I will add the scaling values to the readme or somewhere so you can adapt it then to ur cars later k? Current value 1.32m (52") is 1.4m actually in Zmodeler meters grid so is just the usual 1.06 factor larger which is standard HS oversize rendering ..
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2017, 11:49 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #4
on: Jan 10, 2017, 12:26 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
I said this looks, Great!! Funny Dog face too: ))
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #5
on: Jan 11, 2017, 1:23 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Will continue with the lightbar today .. is that the correct standard CA setup you mean folks?
.. so will have then six rotator PAR 36 beams and outer flashers still, rear and frontal facing?
rear ones are orange then but can the cover remain red and blue? ... on the blue side cover is orange which was correct, that'd be a bit more work but ok with me if you want it that way ..

https://www.youtube.com/v/FjFOVOcGn5s

Wish I could do all that nice lighting pattern and flickering just like that .. if there were enough dummies for that :(

Question here: how do you want the lighting setup pattern at all? I mean, if I did the frontal steady ones with just an ODL it saves another two dummies, since it is also steady wouldn't look too good as usual in lightbars ..
Secondly, do you want the rear flashers be done or not? that's another two dummies left for a nice 'running lights' impression for the red and blue pattern, you decide ...

... as far as I have noticed the steady red and blue lights as well as the rear warning lights were mostly used when the vehicle is being parked up for backing up a crime or accident scenery? Don't want to got out on a limb with that, U.S. folks will certainly know better about that .. so I will look, listen and learn from you  ::)

Thought at first I had made a mistake on the NYPD Aerotwin but the speaker covers can in fact be different -LOL .. is it from newer or older versions that have that little closed surface in the upper middle part of the speaker cover? .. :-\

... confusing sometimes .. this NYPD 48" here below has that other (newer?) grille again .. :o
on most older pics I rather see the cover being with slots allover, so could that be an older version? ???

https://www.youtube.com/v/adMkSvDvvJQ

... was it ok if I did the 52" AeroDynic with that 'continuous' grille since that saves some texture space otherwise parts of the grille need to be remapped ..?
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2017, 2:19 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #6
on: Jan 11, 2017, 7:31 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
made some progress on the 'Terminator' car today .. AeroDynic is finished as well as some other details and refinements ...

have a look ... as a little gimmick I converted that 'Empire cop' from NFSIII to NFSIV as the 'external' cop ;)

Car is attached for testing, serial #47 ...

Have fun!
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2017, 8:30 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #7
on: Jan 11, 2017, 9:25 AM

• Personal Text
Hi there, pretty Wild!  :D An Nice I try get this today looks Fun!! Thanks for,um,all the Effort in this Frank really is Cool!  8)
I try get to town. Stupid Cell phone, Rights. An SD cards Hassles,  okay I know Broken Record.

Edited Post..

Hi Frank i was Just here,an Nabbed that Nice Works.
Then I'm going to Put Snow Tires on it,when i get er'
Home  =D 
Also getting programs for Rooting a Stupid Cell Phone?
Maybe i can Blow that up tonight ;)  =D
Have a Frosty one for me okay, (joking pal) :}
i had a pic on me so Y not show 1? ;}
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2017, 10:51 AM by WiLL »

Reply #8
on: Jan 11, 2017, 10:51 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
thanks bro and get 'em sh..t all work out right betimes eh?

'also edit -LOL: yeah LAPD rocks ... :D

At this point I also want to say big thanks to Dark One .. was a really cool request and even if it started bit doughy it became something good and fun to do ^-^

Good thing also is that now we have a nice AeroDynic lightbar base for some other cars I still want to do ;)
Twinsonic is good and nice but AeroDynic rocks with them running lights always ... think I'm gonna update some scheduled cars with that new one still ;)

So if you find something still that is wrong or could be done better still let me also know, I'll 'see what I can do Sirs' -LOL

If all is ok also let me know so then the car goes to Remko for an upload thx in advance so far folks ..
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2017, 11:07 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #9
on: Jan 11, 2017, 11:07 AM

• Personal Text
Yeah, I hopeso?  Rite, an all... But, give me time to test her out good an all,i be looking for any Defects,Leaking Oil, u know, Burning oil, i hope not so much? ;) I'm on my way back to the Garage now.
thanks for the Funner day YW Cheers  ^-^   :) 8)

Reply #10
on: Jan 11, 2017, 11:26 AM

The pleasure is mine. It looks great! :D

And I agree on the Aerodynic. The running light is enchanting. Which is, why to this day is the Aerodynic (and also the Vector) my favorite kind of lightbar. :police:

Also, that Empire Cop... Priceless! 8)

At times like this, I wish there was HD remake of Empire City (MADMAN? ;) ).

Reply #11
on: Jan 11, 2017, 11:46 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Thx Dark One and nice to hear you like the outcome!

If there wasn't you making that suggestion I had delayed making a new AeroDynic so much is true thx for that input =D

Speaking of the Vector .. I also had made a nicer lively lighting scheme for that ... I reworked many DodgeBoy cars so also his '96 CHP and '92 NYPD Caprices bearing vectors with new taillight textures and stuff ..

Vector is a hard one to do because of the 7 dummies to get that in a proper flashing sequence .. middle one is a double fast since it is that 'swivelling' beacon on NYPD cars but not gonna tell too much .. ^-^

The 'Empire cop' is something I must tell .. thought that was only on NFS III but 'cop4.fce' in HS 'GameArt' folder is also the Empire cop .. funny isn't it? I only had to import that into CarCad and save as NFS IV .fce cop file .. :police:

Empire City or Empire backstreets in HD .. that were about cool .. dang .. :)

A little bit of an improvement already were having that overpass commuter train with some NY graffities on it -LOL =D
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2017, 12:05 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #12
on: Jan 11, 2017, 12:04 PM

I remember also having nice pattern on Nils' cars with Vector. It went 1357642. :D

Reply #13
on: Jan 11, 2017, 12:09 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
yeah I remember that we tried alot 'bout that darn pattern LOL .. his was a fiver speed then .. I made mine long ago with a sixer speed and that one double speed middle beacon ... ^-^

may sound sophisticated but .. when I start doing a lighting pattern I always try to avoid 'accumulations' of light sources or flashes .. means I try to give it a more or less 'floating' imaginery .. so sometimes it might appear strange but a well 'distribution' of light sources is of some meaning to me .. hard to understand I know .. I also try to give a pattern a certain catchy 'rythm' as well .. even worse to get that I know but a lighting sequence can also be seen as a kind of 'music' concerning its rythm .. :o

Dang I miss Nils so here on our community .. :(
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2017, 12:39 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #14
on: Jan 11, 2017, 12:43 PM

You tell me. It was like yesterday, we laughed over the old bet between us. But the more active he was on the forum, the more busy I got with the work, and everything. :-\

Damn. The last thing I wanted now is to feel depressed over this.

Support NFSAddons: