NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 4:48 AM

Mustang SSP and other ...

This is a discussion for the topic Mustang SSP and other ... on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: Mustang SSP and other ...  (Read 23895 times)

Reply #15
on: Jan 19, 2017, 1:12 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
All-Work then..? An no play, or Good,Eats good,makes a not a Very Great, Car maker  :-\  =D .anyway
I need go that H.Q. site some day,been awhile.. peace,, noise hope you fix your Game
Sooner?  :-\
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2017, 1:17 PM by WiLL »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #16
on: Jan 19, 2017, 2:43 PM

You can't think about it like that. We are maybe living in times, when people prefer to run away from the police, rather than chasing the speeders themselves, and many that weren't even born when the game was made will try to convince you that 'classic NFS tittle' is the Underground or Most Wanted even.

Also, the thing to take into consideration with Dodgeboy's cars is that these were given as base models exclusive to NFS Police HQ. That's how it is. And the examples of cars posted here by Dodgeboy himself, or the staffers of Pursuit Inc. more than decade ago, is different case altogether.

But your work is much welcome, even if there will be never ending line of police cars. Just keep them coming! :D
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2017, 4:28 PM by Dark One »

Reply #17
on: Jan 19, 2017, 5:20 PM

• Personal Text
I say, Aaaaw-' Men to that!! Um, what ah, DarkOne said, an agree much.. too.  :police:   ^-^

Reply #18
on: Jan 20, 2017, 12:42 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
@Dark One: thx for your confirmation about further uploading these Police cars here .. to easen up an as maybe too strict felt line-up of Police vehicles I do try to sprinkle in also racing cars sometimes .. ^-^

that sometimes confuses my schedule of work but is also fun and affirmation seeing good reactions on these cars .. =D

.. like many others out there perhaps I started with trying to exchange default stock cars by better ones and in addition to that I get on or create ideas of 'packages' like line-ups of CHP, LA, NY, NV, Texan or Canadian Police cars fitting nicely done custom tracks that would perhaps match there .. that also includes the 'auxiliary' cars on serial numers 12, 20, 32 or 36 .. :) .. or like in other cases simply adopting cars of movie or TV shows that me and everyone else loves since our childhood or youth days of what crazy or astoundlingly things been happening there .. =D

ok .. some final improvements here still .. brighter and larger trunk lettering 'HIGHWAY PATROL' and other details .. Carp.txt also improved (torque curve and fourth/fifth gear slightly increased values)
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2017, 6:27 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #19
on: Jan 20, 2017, 6:53 AM

• Personal Text
Of Course I hope, this all Will, Happen in the Future here?, I just DownLded-" :)  ^-^
But, on the other hand my phone keeps, ringing an they can u do this or that..  ::) an
How can I ever get it things worked out,.. so  I wish you Luck Bro Frank thanks much too!
Happy weekend too Us  8)     :)  ;)

Reply #20
on: Jan 20, 2017, 7:17 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
to u also pal .. ^-^

speaking of future .. this '87 SSP Mustang slicktop TDPS is next one to follow up the CHP .. :police:

needs updates/refinements in the kind the CHP already has by now .. wheels, ODL, texturing and stuff ..

Of course there were nice versions with lightbars also but the SSP Mustang is a much cooler cat as slicktop =D

More or less a fantasy restored car here .. :-\

authentic Code 3 lightbar on a rare '93 SSP here ..

with Jetsonic/TA combo more common setup like e.g. the FHP Mustang had that ..

It is not that I wouldn't have made some lightbar versions already but the slicktop is my odds-on favourite ^-^

see last attached pic btw .. notice the 80's DPS Ford LTD CVs there in the background ..
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2017, 8:22 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #21
on: Jan 20, 2017, 8:31 AM

• Personal Text
Hi on your bigger, pics above, I only like the Top pic an very bottom, pic Light Bars, the Best. I can't load the smaller, pics on my junk Device,  well nice Shots, Frank there, I Wished, Fangio-' Would, Raise, from the old Grave, On days like this, :} I need go store now I think, but did you see any pics I sent ur way last nite? Or was you to busy...  =D np, ttul-'  :)
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2017, 10:03 AM by WiLL »

Reply #22
on: Jan 21, 2017, 2:33 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Well folks .. the '87 TDPS Mustang slicktop is now adopted to scheme, merged and corrected .. ^-^

.. I added a custom made 'Whelen Responder' red dashlight on a small mounting bracket and a 2nd rear facing radar still ..

It has frontal red/blue halogenic flashers (Whelen Micro-Grill Master strobe lights) and rear deck red/blue 'Sho-Me' alternating halogenic lights ..

DPS Mustangs didn't commonly have wig waging headlights until '89 .. the video shows a '89 DPS that is seemingly retrofitted to that ..

the shown effect on video seems to be a fast alternating left/right high/low beam scheme I haven't seen before .. :o

https://www.youtube.com/v/bJKhjE1KLHE

I have attached two version of the DPS for testing, first one is w/o wig waging headlights so an authentic rendition of the car before 1989 ('87 as stated in FeData), second is with 'retrofitted' fast wig waging headlights (hi/lo beam) but therefor I had to trade the rear orange 'bulb' dummies for the additional two headlights .. :-\

An alternative to that were those simple wig wagers like on stock pursuit cars to save the tailights' 'bulb' dummies (alter HWYN3 in first file to HWYO350/..E350) .. ??? (middle attached pic)

Would like to know which you like better ... :) I personally prefer the version with better looking taillights (last attached pic) but oh well .. ::)

last attached zipfile ('..wigwag.zip' only contains the altered car.fce for filesize reasons ..

Car has serial #36 for Redrock/Lostcany 'auxiliary' or 'supporting' car ..
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2017, 2:53 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #23
on: Jan 21, 2017, 9:39 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
 .. starting now doing the MSP Mustang on new base .. not easy because of mirrored door decals .. but look what I've also found .. didn't know MSP also had Furys .. let's see if I find the time ^-^

« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2017, 9:46 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #24
on: Jan 21, 2017, 9:48 AM

• Personal Text
I'm thinking, this was Long ago there Furys ;) Frank I can go North side town an get you updated pics, bit Risky, they use 4×4 Suv's, now other cars, do you want me try get you any? Closer up ones? Or can you find any online? But it's good weather today for this. Hope they won't Nabb, me for taking pics?  :o  ::)  =D 

Reply #25
on: Jan 21, 2017, 8:39 PM

.. starting now doing the MSP Mustang on new base .. not easy because of mirrored door decals .. but look what I've also found .. didn't know MSP also had Furys .. let's see if I find the time ^-^

There's 2 ways to fix that..Simplest is to make a actual decal that is a seperate part it's self and fuse that to the body so you can flip it round once textured, The other is to make the body lines 3D. I think you'll come up with something though :).
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #26
on: Jan 21, 2017, 8:54 PM

Well folks .. the '87 TDPS Mustang slicktop is now adopted to scheme, merged and corrected .. ^-^

.. I added a custom made 'Whelen Responder' red dashlight on a small mounting bracket and a 2nd rear facing radar still ..

It has frontal red/blue halogenic flashers (Whelen Micro-Grill Master strobe lights) and rear deck red/blue 'Sho-Me' alternating halogenic lights ..

DPS Mustangs didn't commonly have wig waging headlights until '89 .. the video shows a '89 DPS that is seemingly retrofitted to that ..

the shown effect on video seems to be a fast alternating left/right high/low beam scheme I haven't seen before .. :o

https://www.youtube.com/v/bJKhjE1KLHE

I have attached two version of the DPS for testing, first one is w/o wig waging headlights so an authentic rendition of the car before 1989 ('87 as stated in FeData), second is with 'retrofitted' fast wig waging headlights (hi/lo beam) but therefor I had to trade the rear orange 'bulb' dummies for the additional two headlights .. :-\

An alternative to that were those simple wig wagers like on stock pursuit cars to save the tailights' 'bulb' dummies (alter HWYN3 in first file to HWYO350/..E350) .. ??? (middle attached pic)

Would like to know which you like better ... :) I personally prefer the version with better looking taillights (last attached pic) but oh well .. ::)

last attached zipfile ('..wigwag.zip' only contains the altered car.fce for filesize reasons ..

Car has serial #36 for Redrock/Lostcany 'auxiliary' or 'supporting' car ..

I feel sorry for those troopers if they didn't have a face shiled on their red dash light, We had to use a red pancake light one time in the state security agency I was with and of a night that thing could blind you on a traffic stop :P. Finally we got the black shield to put on the back of it so it wasn't blinding.

Reply #27
on: Jan 21, 2017, 11:22 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Hi Paul, nice to hear of you these days ^-^

.. yes that's why they probably exchanged them later for the teardrop light which is shielded to backside isn't it :police:

I have seen pics where the cops sticked duct tape allover the rear side with so wouldn't blind them anymore ???
Yes there was also that visor part available for the Whelen Responder but I think that was a little large for the tiny Mustang's dashboard -LOL

Think I will do that door vinyl the very classic way and use two different decals I will prepare then what needs of course more texture space but is 'cleaner' way than making overlaying polies or destroying the doors' clean mesh structure by breaking up splines .. the ODL lights for example use unnecessary large texture space and many more stuff I can reduce here and move around there .. :)

Uhm .. any suggestions of which headlights' lighting scheme you like better now for the TDPS btw?
You only have to d/l and replace the contained car.fce from '..wigwag.zip' in the car.viv to test that ..

@WiLL ..thx I got ur pics always forgetting u can go outside there and take pics of MSP -LOL
I could use a detail pic of that hood hailer since unusual fonts here .. grey weather was even better for that since light is more neutral then best before a plain grey skies background thx bro ;)

What if u simply asked them for permission taking pics think they wouldn't arrest u for would they .. but I other than here in Europe U.S. cops are used to taking pics of their cars aren't they kinda .. ^-^
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2017, 11:58 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #28
on: Jan 22, 2017, 12:32 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Have another request or question folks .. it concerning the flashers on the DPS ... I have attached another testfile with 1er timing frontal flashers, thing is I don't know how's that working or appears on other machines.

On my NVidia VCard machine at home and using Glide it looks nearly perfect giving an irregularily alternating but more steadily lighting (longer and clearer defined on/off periods) like with modern LED flashers whereas on my GF's laptop using DX w/o 3D card it looks ok in menu but ingame it just flickers rapidly ..

thx if you'd have a look at that ...

Reply #29
on: Jan 22, 2017, 2:24 AM

:-\ By default (factory standards) NONE of the dash lights get shielded, It's either done RedNeck style with tape or by getting a black leather or vinyl shield to place over the back part so it don't shine on you. Only ones shielded by default is those mounted into 5 flash mirrors (HotShot II ,etc).

Support NFSAddons: