NFSAddons Forums

Mar 29, 2024, 5:03 AM

Mustang SSP and other ...

This is a discussion for the topic Mustang SSP and other ... on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: Mustang SSP and other ...  (Read 23908 times)

Reply #30
on: Jan 22, 2017, 3:51 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
 .. not even the teardrop style dashlights? so I did this one on the undercover Diplomat wrong .. I saw on pictures that teardrop beacons were shielded .. :-\ But ok thanks anyway .. ???

Reply #31
on: Jan 22, 2017, 11:41 AM

Well, Paul is partially right. Only dashlights I recall coming with the cover from the factory was Whelen Cadet and Federal Signal Firebeam. Or of course these with the mirror shields, like Whelen Responder, Code 3 Dashlaser, and the Fireball 2.
The only image of Responder with plastic cover I ever saw is from the auction already gone, so there is no proof that it wasn't aftermarket solution either.

In any case, these Mustangs looks great! So keep up the good work. :D

Reply #32
on: Jan 22, 2017, 4:32 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Man this is Geeky Work, Joking I love it too. Aww, my Camera just broke Frank, so I'm not going over there  :o  an, nice pics on your Sheild.
I'm making Progress on things to but we know we're not paid for nothing anyways,
 hi there DarkOne your a good talker to explain things  =D
Oh, Monday.. is on the way  ^-^ np  8)
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #33
on: Jan 23, 2017, 3:18 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
thx @all... wanted to show you current progress on the MSP Mustang .... mapping is so far finished only needs to be done the hood hailer still .. ;)

an overview of the car .. (1st attached pic)

.. and rear deck equipment in detail (2nd/3rd pic)

.. rear side view from above of current state (4th pic)

last pic shows a detail view of embossed 'Mustang' lettering on both front and rear bumper .. ^-^

good thing is that the alpha channel method I'm using on the windows wouldn't let the rear dummies bleed through the windshield so the half shielded 'Responder' single beacon on rear deck looks almost real :D

I've read that later MSP Mustangs had flashing reverse/taillights instead of the Responder beacon as you can also see on thread starter pics posted showing it w/o the responder on rear deck  .. question is what you'd like better .. responder deck light or flashing backlights?
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2017, 4:06 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #34
on: Jan 23, 2017, 5:39 AM

• Personal Text
Pretty Damn, Sweet Looking Frank!... all up to you on the back lights, I think?
Maybe later today I could try get that picture of it.
But, it's kinda a Hassel for me... just hope it's not breaking-
The Law! just to get a hood pic, now days..  :-\  >:(   =D

Reply #35
on: Jan 23, 2017, 5:59 AM

Tough choice. I like the one with Responder, because of how over the top it is (after all, you don't really need rotating beacon to the rear, when it's not sitting on the roof. But it does improve the visibility, while the car is performing traffic stop on twisty road). Though this one is Will's, so I won't be the one that matters here. ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2017, 6:04 AM by Dark One »

Reply #36
on: Jan 23, 2017, 6:24 AM

• Personal Text
Well, DarkOne,.I like your Input on this much to like you say,.it's up higher, an top deck, ones would look nicer. I just git permission from MSP about taking pics, of there cars. Was great from Officer, Krudal? Like that,sorry about your misspelled name, so I'm on my way get it now Frank, an I like to get more of the newer Mustang they have, but I don't want stay to long.  :D. So try wait up Frank if you can ttul-'   8)

Reply #37
on: Jan 23, 2017, 9:59 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
very good news WiLL .. maybe I can then get even better pics of that hailer lettering in detail .. I have some pics of it though but better is better ... ^-^

not an easy one since lighting can only be done by ODL .. :-\

had a look at DodgeBoys' MSP Camaros in the meantime, he did it that way too .. dang what poly monsters they are think these are F-Body Action base cars :o

Concerning the rear deck lighting I must admit I like the responder solution in a way .. found an acceptable lighting pattern for that .. the flashing reverse/taillights are difficult since I don't know how that would look on each different machine .. if you want to try that on another car I have here a suggested flashing pattern that is now used on modern CV cruisers and such:

taillight1 : SRYO220 reverse1: SWYO221 reverse2: SWYO221[0] taillight2: SRYO220[0]

Reply #38
on: Jan 23, 2017, 10:05 AM

• Personal Text
Hi there I mailed, you the Real pics this am did you get them? So I put Effort in this bud, np. When did dodge guy, do this car what site did u find it on?
Just a real Gloomy day here up north in daa- States snows melting great. :]

Edit: just resized this tried to good luck Frank on the cool project  :police:   ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2017, 2:17 PM by WiLL »

Reply #39
on: Jan 23, 2017, 12:00 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
nice shots thx bro .. added the trunk lettering forgot -LOL .. and a lid keylock since I was at it .. call that a day folks .. I'll do that hailer tomorrow .. :P
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2017, 12:15 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #40
on: Jan 23, 2017, 12:47 PM

.. not even the teardrop style dashlights? so I did this one on the undercover Diplomat wrong .. I saw on pictures that teardrop beacons were shielded .. :-\ But ok thanks anyway .. ???

Nope, Especially not them LOL but LEAVE it shielded as I'd prefer (if I was using it) to have that way LOL Although I almost forgot, There was one type of teardrop light that wouldn't blind you unshielded, Smith&Wesson made a teardrop in the late 1970's-1980's and it didn't rotate, Had the same rotator type spoon shaped reflector but the light blinked at a speed simular to a car's turn signal. I will look and see if the vid is still up on YouTube once I get home (work blocks YouTube so can't check now).
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #41
on: Jan 23, 2017, 12:51 PM

Hi on your bigger, pics above, I only like the Top pic an very bottom, pic Light Bars, the Best. I can't load the smaller, pics on my junk Device,  well nice Shots, Frank there, I Wished, Fangio-' Would, Raise, from the old Grave, On days like this, :} I need go store now I think, but did you see any pics I sent ur way last nite? Or was you to busy...  =D np, ttul-'  :)

Howcome when I make the small pics big on some for some odd reason it shows mysterious white areas :o ???? I been noticing this a while and I think someone with your skill wouldn't let things being built look like that LOL:

Must be a ZModeler bug causing them I guess.
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #42
on: Jan 23, 2017, 2:32 PM

• Personal Text
nice shots thx bro .. added the trunk lettering forgot -LOL .. and a lid keylock since I was at it .. call that a day WiLL .. I'll do that hailer tomorrow ..

Hey, that MSP, really looks Rocking Frank!... what kind of Lightbar will you put on top? I was hoping um, a longer type one instead of, of the little single job they always use, cause it's just a fun Game we do here.. if you can?  =D looking nice man pal. :)  8)

PaulSpain, sure is Strange, not looking so normal, Strange is? I don't use that Car Editor,  yet So...
Hope you get it Figured out bud.
I did a nice Faster Shape,Race, Ver. Of Rockypass, today just want change, some trees an try fix up simpler, things an Fix Visibility, more an it be Done for upload by end of the,Week?
Cause its just for Racing an the (AI) Is Real Strong on it, it's a mesh I had from 04' crazy read me, says LoL... but it's a fun shape ah, k. No Bad Fogg in it.  =D ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2017, 2:34 PM by WiLL »

Reply #43
on: Jan 23, 2017, 7:43 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
@WiLL: MSP Mustangs didn't have lightbars since all were slicktops :P .. well, even if it is a fun game I like them to be more or less authentic as far as the game allows that sry pal .. :-\

@Paul: no certainly not -LOL, yes that being a strange thing in ZModeler, it displays plain black areas (that come close to 0,0,0) as white but only in screenshots when saved as .png so perhaps rather .png format problem? -LOL

When you then save it as .jpg all is correct but that format compresses too many details ...

Reply #44
on: Jan 23, 2017, 8:23 PM

• Personal Text
No prob, I was just checking to see on that  :-[ yes, more Realistic the better. We Strive for here.  =D
That's like my new, project, fixed up good, today from my old 04' mesh that was long ago bud...
An I Fused polys-' that needed so, this Mod isn't, about much texture changes, it's all about, its. Simplicity, an. Elegance, to Me! An  =D is..
An it's an About, More Speed, an Still Challenging much, even in Reverse, way, it's Fun!
Fixed the small Jump in town, Ramp it Doesn't, Somersault. Your Cars.. has a bump, hill you slow down for, but doesn't flip your car over, maybe if your doing. 200Mph, it can but, I don't go that fast..

So just Saying, this new Shape, really feels good with, me... when I'm using the Un-Edited, TS-50 Car it's great an others. So I go  ;)  ttul-' Frank nice tip on Png pics.

« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2017, 5:23 AM by WiLL »

Support NFSAddons: