NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 3:11 AM

Latest File Additions page

This is a discussion for the topic Latest File Additions page on the board NFSAddons Errors & Bugs.

Author Topic: Latest File Additions page  (Read 12564 times)

8 Replies on Latest File Additions page
on: Dec 15, 2016, 6:41 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Well, I'm not sure if it's just my phone doing this,error I see it's on Blazn's,, BMW3. Upload page... all I see is this.
http://www.nfsaddons.com/nfshs/cars//2595/
Blazn's Bmw'3 car I just see, a list of Cars for Nfs'4 not any of his, Car Features, I wanted to Delete off some Comments...that wasn't in anything bad.
Do u see this?  ???
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2016, 10:07 PM by _WiLL_ »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #1
on: Dec 16, 2016, 2:21 AM

The link on the frontpage doesn't show a car. How do you know it's blazn's BMW?

There is no BMW on Blazn's website either.

Reply #2
on: Dec 16, 2016, 5:14 AM

• Personal Text
I heard there,was some kind of fight on there, yesterday. But I was gone on the road, helping a friend in this Frozen place, anyway
Hope all is Ok with them, well Noise I seen it was :-\  his mod, but maybe he changed his mind?
Having it Up there?

Reply #3
on: Dec 16, 2016, 7:00 AM

Indeed, the newest link to the "BMW M3 E46" on the front page is defintely faulty. The URL does not contain the car manufacturer (as it usually is the case on the links here).

Reply #4
on: Dec 16, 2016, 1:02 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Sorry for the confusion all,
There was indeed a BMW M3 E46 submitted by Blazn Motorsports in the Latest Additions list for around 24 hours yesterday.

I removed the car yesterday when I got the report that it was stolen. It was was actually one of Martin Leps' earliest cars, an M3 E46 based on EA's BMW M5 (it was never uploaded here or on NFSCars, but it used to be on nfs2000.de), but it was uploaded by Blazn as if it was his own, with no credit to ML.

Normally, when I take down a car, I 'disable' it instead op wiping it completely, it's just inaccessible to the visitors. This give me the option to re-enable a car when the author changes his mind. For example Dodge Boy's cars a few years ago: hey had been offline for quite some time, but when he made plans to re-upload them again, I informed him that there was no need to do that all over again. Turning the old entries back on also kept the original download numbers and the comments intact.

However, disabled cars still show up on the list when you search by Author, for example the Esperante Roadster here, with only 8 downloads: http://www.nfsaddons.com/nfshs/author/Venom800tt/
Venom uploaded an updated version 2 days later and requested the older version to be removed. When you click on it anyway, you get a 'car not found' page. There are several of those 'dead' entries in the NFSAddons author lists  and I thought it was beginning to look untidy, so lately I have begun to delete such files completely from the database (as long as I was certain it was okay to go) but there are still some left.

Unfortunately, unlike the Author and Brand lists the Latest Additions feature on the frontpage doesn't automatically remove an entry from the list once it gets deleted, hence the strange empty page that shows up in this case instead of the usual 'Car not Found'.
Again, sorry if I made anyone worry there was something wrong with the site.

Reply #5
on: Dec 18, 2016, 8:41 PM

• Personal Text
Such a shame I guess... I hope Blazn is Ok from this, is he so called Banned, no for awhile.? 
Anyway, thanks for Explaining, much about the File system here on the site, real cool to know, Remko,
And you have a Great Holiday time too next week :)

Reply #6
on: Jul 14, 2017, 4:00 PM

Blazn here was a mistake on my part uploaded the wrong car contacted Remko and said same but banned from site why? coming here since 2004.Who reported car stolen?I am uoloading cars out of my old data base
never released and was going to release a couple tracks also thats why i asked Remko to remove my old beta tracks also - start fresh.Gaming is supposed to be fun with out seeing copied or stolen.Constructive comments only.

Reply #7
on: Jul 18, 2017, 7:08 PM

You're not banned from the site. I checked the ban list, and the only people in there are spammers/fake accounts and IP addresses. You are posting from your account, which you wouldn't be able to do if you were banned.

Remko, thanks for pointing those issues out.. I'll update the scripts so it does a better job of hiding disabled cars. Whoops!

Reply #8
on: Jul 18, 2017, 7:26 PM

However, disabled cars still show up on the list when you search by Author, for example the Esperante Roadster here, with only 8 downloads: http://www.nfsaddons.com/nfshs/author/Venom800tt/
Venom uploaded an updated version 2 days later and requested the older version to be removed. When you click on it anyway, you get a 'car not found' page. There are several of those 'dead' entries in the NFSAddons author lists  and I thought it was beginning to look untidy, so lately I have begun to delete such files completely from the database (as long as I was certain it was okay to go) but there are still some left.

Unfortunately, unlike the Author and Brand lists the Latest Additions feature on the frontpage doesn't automatically remove an entry from the list once it gets deleted, hence the strange empty page that shows up in this case instead of the usual 'Car not Found'.

FYI, both those issues should be fixed now. Only approved cars will show on the author list, and marking a car as disabled via the admin will remove it from the latest additions as well :)

Support NFSAddons: