NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 3:29 AM

other goodies ..

This is a discussion for the topic other goodies .. on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: other goodies ..  (Read 3222 times)

5 Replies on other goodies ..
on: Nov 11, 2016, 11:52 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
While waiting for permission for other cars to upload I want to show you what you can do still to make the good old Police Helicopter in NFSHS look a bit better ^-^

Since it is based on a Hughes 500D / OH-6A I reworked it with a simulated five-blade 'rotorwash' some might know it being displayed in Flight Simulators, furthermore the Hughes 500 is a rather small helicopter so I also scaled it down to a more realistic size and finally I made the windows transparent to make it look better. Originally I also wanted to add a pilot but in times of Pre-VEG Patch you had to contemplate about every single poly you add somewhere, perhaps I will do this still.

General characteristics (source: WIKIPEDIA)

Crew: 1–2
    Capacity: 5 total
    Length: 30 ft 10 in (9.4 m)
    Rotor diameter: 26 ft 4 in (8.03 m)
    Height: 8 ft 2 in (2.48 m)
    Empty weight: 1,088 lb (493 kg)
    Max. takeoff weight: 2,250 lb (1,157 kg)
    Powerplant: 1 × Allison 250-C20 Turboshaft, 278 hp (207 kW)

Furthermore I found the positioning lights on it incorrect .. but the wrong green/red lights cannot be changed in order to maintain a 'Green Light' ..
The NFS designers mistook the positioning lights colours on port (green) and starboard (red) which are wrong that way. If you simply mirror or move the dummies the green light will no longer be displayed green :(
Also the lights on the hel.fce work different the way they do on cars, flashing lights (Siren dummies) don't swell, they are displayed only 'on and off' like the headlights on cars do.

source: https://blenderartists.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-196191-p-5.html

The attached picture shows the new rotorwash plates on both main and tail rotor which will then be displayed correctly ingame (further pics) ;)

I have left the old ':LB' (distance model) still in the Car.viv, all this was done long before VEG's Patch, if you also want the reworked heli to show up in the distance, delete the old :LB in Zmodeler and make copies of 'body', 'main' and 'tail' as ':LB' (fuselage), ':Lmain' (Main Rotor) and ':Ltail' (Tail Rotor) and export as 'hel.fce' (Important!) and reimport it into the Car.viv in NFSWizard - please respect that the mesh load will double by this.

Have Fun with it,

Greetings
Frank
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2016, 11:59 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #1
on: Nov 18, 2016, 2:00 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
.. I remember I have another helicopter still .. but I never really used it since it was too highpoly for HS then ..
I think it is the GTA 'Maverick' Bell 206L helicopter, it was downloadable elsewhere and I converted it into the HS .fce format but the texture conversion tool didn't work so I simply made a plain dark grey .tga for it.

source: http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Police_(law_enforcement)

I also made some changes to the mesh, I tried to decrease the polyload still a bit and made some transparency modifications as well as again rotorwash plates. The close distance model has 1052 polies, the far distance model (:L..) still has 738 polies, so it is rather usable with the VEG patch running, in those days without the patch the game often crashed.

The copter as said isn't finished, but if you're interested  ..

Greetings
Frank

P.S. oops seems I've forgotten to attach the file .. ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2016, 6:41 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #2
on: Nov 30, 2016, 4:10 PM

Frank, let me know if you still want to try something with GTA files. Had a lot of experience with them in the past. Actually even converted full-size american GTA/Mafia cars for personal use like 10 years ago for personal use. Of course had to rearrange textures and mapping... But it appears that whole result was worth it.
'89 Caprice by Carface with dark interior (since I've been trying to get it to the same overall style as 80's cars by Tritoch):

'76 Cadillac by Nuclear Hedgehog, with usage of GTA Tanner driver model. More or less experimental project - been trying to get everything in just one texture:

Too much of these little unfinished projects on my discs.

Reply #3
on: Nov 30, 2016, 6:54 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Hello Rider66,
I had a short glance at the DS 19 you had sent, looks promising :D
Yes I did GTA cars, too, mostly for HP2 many years ago, most of them are very highpoly so I didn't do them for HS in times before the VEG patch appeared, but yeah those 'square' cars look great, I love them :D

Reply #4
on: Nov 30, 2016, 11:13 PM

Yeah, I see your point with refusal to work with any of these cars. It was too difficult make them actually appear. Maybe somebody remember my models, which were used by Femicide on NFSCars for his Most Wanted mod. Custom 500, which I never actually finished, and Stutz, which I had finished as a fairly lowpoly model for Mafia long time ago. But that was too much for High Stakes that time.

Reply #5
on: Dec 01, 2016, 11:12 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Hey Rider,
I didn't say I do not want to model or finish these cars ... just remarked that newer GTA cars are mostly too highpoly for machines without the VEG patch being installed :-\

I managed to convert some old GTA III cars for HS long ago, they are lowpoly enough to work without any patches, like for example that old Buick Riviera from 1972 (the 'boat'), that had worked even without any patches.

But what is the use of reworking for example Tritoch's '89 Caprice when there is meanwhile a much better base of the '80s Caprice on NFS Police H.Q.? But to be honest ... I love those old 'square' cars, but not the 'pimpy' ones, ok?
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2016, 11:17 AM by FranknFurter »

Support NFSAddons: