NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 5:51 PM

Carbon - Official 1.3 Patch Released.

This is a discussion for the topic Carbon - Official 1.3 Patch Released. on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: Carbon - Official 1.3 Patch Released.  (Read 14562 times)

3 Replies on Carbon - Official 1.3 Patch Released.
on: Nov 21, 2006, 8:16 PM
Rookie Member

• Personal Text
    NFS Community Leader
Nov. 21, 2006
NFS Carbon PC Patch
Need for Speed Carbon (PCCD) ReadMe File v1.0
November 17, 2006
Copyright Electronic Arts Inc
Need for Speed Carbon (PCCD)

Versions
North America - ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/NFS/carbon/nfscarbon_pc_na.exe
UK (Collector's Edition) - ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/NFS/carbon/nfsc_patch1.3_collectors_englishuk.exe
UK (Regular Edition) - ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/NFS/carbon/nfsc_patch1.3_uk.exe
French - ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/NFS/carbon/nfsc_patch1.3_french.exe
German - ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/NFS/carbon/nfsc_patch1.3_german.exe
Italian - ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/NFS/carbon/nfsc_patch1.3_italian.exe
Spanish - ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/NFS/carbon/nfsc_patch1.3_spanish.exe
Europe (Multiple) - ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/NFS/carbon/nfsc_patch1.3_euromulti.exe

* NOTE: Users who purchased the game through the EA Link should not download the above patch. The patch file will be available on EA Link shortly. Also, users will not be able to play online without downloading the patch.

About this document:
Thank you for purchasing Need for Speed Carbon (PCCD)

This ReadMe file includes information that pertains to purpose of the Need for Speed PCCD patch and addresses any concerns that may arise as a result of installing the patch.

================
TABLE OF CONTENTS
================
I. PURPOSE OF THE Need for Speed Carbon PCCD PATCH
II. INSTALLING THE PATCH
III. KNOWN ISSUES/TROUBLESHOOTING

======================================================
I. PURPOSE OF THE Need for Speed Carbon PCCD PATCH
======================================================
This patch has been released to address the following issues:

1. Client side EA Messenger crash
   2. EA Nation registration email field character limit to small for larger email addresses
   3. EA Nation registration CD Key field character limit issue
   4. Issue pertaining to launching Need for Speed Carbon PCCD
   5. Incorrect car names appearing in the Pursuit Tag leaderboards

All issues above will be resolved by installing the Need for Speed Carbon PCCD Patch.

=================================================

II. INSTALLING THE Need for Speed PCCD PATCH

=================================================

If you have purchased the game on media (DVD) then follow the instructions below:

1. Download the patch from http://www.needforspeed.com  (links near top)
   2. Navigate to the patch's executable file and double-click the file  (the program automatically finds your install directory)
   3. Run the patch install program  (it ran automatically for me)
   4. You will be notified when the patch has successfully installed  (no it didnt)

If you have purchased the game via EA Link / EA Downloader then follow the instructions below:

1. Open and login to EA Link / EA Downloader
   2. Select "My Games" from the left navigation menu
   3. Select Need for Speed? Carbon
   4. Select "Patch"
   5. Select the download icon
   6. Once the patch has successfully downloaded, follow the on-screen instructions.

====================================
III. KNOWN ISSUES/TROUBLESHOOTING
====================================
KNOWN ISSUES:
APPLICABLE TO USERS WHO HAVE PURCHASED THE GAME VIA EA LINK / EA DOWNLOADER.

You must download the Need for Speed Carbon PCCD Patch using the same EA Nation account (to login to EA LINK / EA DOWNLOADER) you used to purchase and download the game. If you use a different account then the account used to purchase and install the game you will be asked to enter a CD Key upon logging into / registering for EA Nation within NFS Carbon.

To resolve this issue, please use the same EA Nation account to download both NFS Carbon and the NFS Carbon patch.

TROUBLESHOOTING:
CD Key:
If you have purchased the game on media (DVD), upon installing the Need for Speed? Carbon PCCD patch you will be required to enter your CD Key. The CD Key is required regardless of whether you have already signed to EA Nation (in NFS Carbon) and is only required to be entered once. After the CD Key has been entered, you will not be required to enter the key again. The CD Key can be found on the back of the game manual.

If you have purchased the game via EA Link / EA Downloader, you will not be required to enter a CD Key.

If you have any other issues, please contact Electronic Arts Customer Support via:
Web:
http://support.ea.com
-Your existence means nothing unless you prove your worth-

Former NFSAddons Admin
Former NFSCars Admin
Current ND4SPDWorld Admin

Reply #1
on: Nov 22, 2006, 12:34 AM

Which patch should I get if I have the Asia Pacific Collectors Edition?
Revolution // 5IVE Forum // Audi RS4 Quattro

Reply #2
on: Nov 22, 2006, 6:29 AM

yay finally, maybe it kills some crashes!
[sig edited for missing image files--Mike]

Reply #3
on: Nov 22, 2006, 7:29 AM

Hopefully... the crashes are VERY annoying... esp if you just won a friggin' hard 8 player ranked online race... :((

Anyway, have you noticed that on pursuit tag, if nobody captures anyone, only a few guys get chosen to be a racer?
Lead me not to temptation....I can find it on my own

Support NFSAddons: