NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 1:25 AM

'Grüne Minna' - 'paddy wagon'

This is a discussion for the topic 'Grüne Minna' - 'paddy wagon' on the board Editing Projects.

Author Topic: 'Grüne Minna' - 'paddy wagon'  (Read 9293 times)

18 Replies on 'Grüne Minna' - 'paddy wagon'
on: Oct 20, 2016, 1:41 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Hello folks,
a few years ago I started working at a 'completely different' sort of police car, the so called 'Grüne Minna' in German ('Black Maria', 'paddy wagon' or 'meat wagon' these are the translations I have found ;))

It is based upon Christian Xaver's VW T4 (T4OT) of NUH Creations*. It features multitexturing liveries of Germany, France ('Police Municipial' (City Police) as well as 'Gendarmerie') and UK, additionally I made a 'Bundesgrenzschutz' (German Federal Police) as well as a Norwegian Police Texture especially for Kleinhellerchen's Norwegen track. I also wanted to do a proper Interior (with the table and stuff) but I didn't get this far :(

The Carp.txt is perhaps a bit too realistic as it is far below class 'B' or so.

*NUH Creations never gives permission to distribute any reworks of their cars, so don't ask me to do that .. PM me if you are interested, I can send it to you then. (Don't know if I can nevertheless upload it here in the members' area?)

So here are some pics recently taken of it.

1st pic: (the still missing) Interior of a typical 'Grüne Minna' (paddy wagon)

2nd pic: Germany Police as well as the 'civilian livery' (Car00.tga) - I always do that on serial #22 since I find it useless to create an 'American Style' European copcar .. Instead of that it can also be driven as a 'racer' ('police option' is unchecked)

3rd pic: French 'Municipial' Police livery feat. Freak-DS's *cute* little MX5 ^-^ on my beloved Paris Paris track by SlawekR - Great track! ..and also tricky =D

4th pic: UK livery. somewhat boring pic, I know ..

5th pic: Norwegian Police. My personal favourite ..
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2016, 11:35 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #1
on: Oct 21, 2016, 7:19 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan
I got permission from NUH Creations for my modded E46 Coupé sooo... :P

Also, I think the 'Grüne Minna' originally is a prisoner transport vehicle. You're misleading our international friends here ;)

Lastly, that French version is from the Police NATIONALE, not municipale.

Enough nitpicking :D I really like the T4 in general, and you created some very nice variations! Mind showing off the Gendarmerie and BGS as well? And there are more nice models in the (European) world. Finland had some nice T4s, so did the Netherlands...

Reply #2
on: Oct 21, 2016, 9:04 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Thanks Nils,
have you got a current email adress of NUH Creations or Xaver .. sooo? Well, I'm aware that you did all that legal stuff in those days .. :( I'm already glad when I know who the model came from .. ::) helps sometimes when keeping all the readme's .. ^-^

Like in those days .. 'two dummies, single thought' .. thought of the 'Finland Polis' T4 as well .. =D
It looks a little like a 'Panda bear' to me, though .. :o I didn't do the Soumi version because I couldn't decide wether to use the 'Poliisi' or 'Polis' logo perhaps .. confusing somehow .. :-\

You're absolutely right .. again .. >:( .. 'Police Nationale' not 'Municipiale' .. mistook that with our 'Bundespolizei' which is similar to 'Gendarmerie' ..
Made such a livery for your Chevy S10 Blazer as well ^-^

Btw .. this Danish Police T4 looks alot like the 'Gendarmerie' livery .. do we have a Danish track somewhere? Just wondering ..

'Grüne Minna' btw is an expression of the '68 generation, when in those days protesters were being carried away, ok, but in Germany that term is still used for that typical vehicle I think .. ::)

Would some Zmodeler screenshots of the 'BGS' and the 'Gendarmerie' version be ok for you at the moment?

« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2016, 9:15 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #3
on: Oct 21, 2016, 9:08 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
.. took that pic as well for my Prototype and Vidwall ..

'BGS' and 'Gendarmerie' livery taken from Zmodeler 3D Screen

And this what my Norwegian livery is based upon ..
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2016, 10:28 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #4
on: Oct 21, 2016, 2:00 PM
Administrator Hero Member

I like those liveries, look pretty convincing. And it's true the T4 was a very commonly used vehicle in the Netherlands, both national and municipal: http://www.politievoertuigen.nl/Regiopolitie/Volkswagen%20T4.html

Reply #5
on: Oct 22, 2016, 1:04 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
@Remko:
Heel mooie beelden, bedankt! .. het is nog niet gebeurt, maar wat niet is, kan nog komen, of niet? .. ^-^

Well, trying to escape the T4 in an 'everyday small car' (Fiat Panda 1.1l) is not that easy .. erhm

As said, the Carp.txt bases upon the performance data of a 2.5l (or 150.1 cu in) inline-5 petrol engine T4 (short wheelbase) from 1990, although the Police versions normally used to have even lesser powered Diesel engines.

81 kW (110 PS) at 4500/min    190 Nm at 2200/min    AAF, ACU, AEU    09/1990–10/1996

.. for a slightly better performance I took the engine data from a later version (not correct I know).

85 kW (115 PS) at 4500/min    200 Nm at 2200/min    AET, APL, AVT    08/1996–06/2003

Should I use the performance of a -also not correct- 2.8l VR6 perhaps, since it is also a 'racer' option car?

103 kW (140 PS) at 4500/min    240 Nm at 3000–3400/min    AES    01/1996–05/2000

Thanks
Frank

P.S. The torque curve is more or less 'estimated' based on my experiences since there isn't a proper one to find (the T4 isn't listed on automobile-catalogue.com) the actual gear value data tabs though can be found elsewhere based on the engine ID codes.
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2016, 2:34 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #6
on: Oct 22, 2016, 4:02 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Ok .. I have altered the torque curve now carefully to a maximum level of 240nm (at 3-3.500 rpm) and a higher redline of approx. 5500rpm which is a bit high for that engine but now you can at least reach a top speed of 200kph with the same gear values. At its power (not torque) peak the engine turns about 5000rpm corresponding 175kph, might not be accurate but provides a quicker acceleration and a better climbing.
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2016, 5:52 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #7
on: Oct 22, 2016, 4:11 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan
I *think* the Finnish police cars use the Swedish POLIS on one side and the Finnish Poliisi on the other. Which would of course make mapping the whole thing a bit harder...

The BGS could use a green lightbar cover ;)

I think your tuning measures are okay, it's not like HS turned the CARP data into a correct physics simulation.

P. S.: As far as I am aware, the term 'Grüne Minna' is waaay older than those stone-throwing... guys.

Reply #8
on: Oct 22, 2016, 4:50 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
 .. might depend on what you use as a Prototype for it .. the photo earlier shows the darker, older livery that looks a bit like military 'olive' (with an older silverish HELLA lightbar), this one shows the newer, perhaps more pleasing, lighter green variant with a matching green newer HELLA RTK6?
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2016, 4:52 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #9
on: Oct 22, 2016, 6:20 AM

Well, no idea what type of lightbars we are looking at there, but the one in the first pic seems to be simply covered with mud :D

Reply #10
on: Oct 23, 2016, 4:03 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan
RTK-4 on the dark green one and indeed the 6th gen on the lighter T4.

Anyhow, I think that green lightbar covers were much more common, even during the dark ages ^^ http://polizeiautos.de/show_one.php?id=1199
But meh, your choice ;)

Reply #11
on: Oct 23, 2016, 5:50 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
@Nils:
.. alright, alright, I will adapt the colour still .. ;) Is that now better for you.. Sir? ^-^
not too bad those pictures btw .. :)

Tried to contact Christian Xaver again like I did years ago, but all email adresses I had found aren't valid anymore, so it might become a problem to publish the T4 here legally?.. :(

So .. just for 'testing' issues .. I have attached the T4 here in the members' area .. and only just .. here .. so please don't get me as well as the forum (or its members) in trouble by spreading it further .. ok ::)

You will find any necessary files within the zip (a Vidvall (VWT4.qfs) as well as the author's readme) .. the Car.viv contains the 'additional' textures like the (updated ;)) 'BGS' (BPol.tga) as well as the 'Norwegian Police' livery (No.tga). Within the Car.viv is also a 'CarpReal.txt' which simulates a somewhat more 'realistic' performance of a 2.5l inline-5 petrol engine. The default Carp.txt is loosely based upon a 2.8l VR6 engine performance data tab but with the same gear values as from the lower powered inline-5 (not quite as realistic as it should be ...) ::)

Thanks ..
Frank
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2016, 6:05 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #12
on: Oct 24, 2016, 8:16 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan

Reply #13
on: Oct 24, 2016, 7:34 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Hey, nice Work there.an on the pics Frank really like them Vans! Be Good-Fun, to do Slide--Slams, on the Speeders,! ) Road blocks. Etc  =D    8)
I try to get some of these..
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2016, 7:36 PM by _WiLL_ »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #14
on: Oct 29, 2016, 1:49 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Hello folks,
seems none of Christian Xaver's email adresses are still valid, so I'm afraid the T4 will remain here in the members' area for 'testing issues' rather than for an official release in the website's download area.

If anyone still knows how to contact him (or actually is in contact) please inform me.

Thanks
Frank

Support NFSAddons: