NFSAddons Forums

Mar 29, 2024, 5:29 AM

'Sweet Spots' and 'Hot Spots'

This is a discussion for the topic 'Sweet Spots' and 'Hot Spots' on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: 'Sweet Spots' and 'Hot Spots'  (Read 13990 times)

26 Replies on 'Sweet Spots' and 'Hot Spots'
on: Oct 10, 2016, 1:44 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
This particular fact might not be new to the most of you ;), but maybe to some newbies among the readers?

Replacement tracks with their shortcuts, secret hideaways as well as additional roads and stuff often force the AI (traffic as well as cops) to sometimes strange behaviour ... I guess this once started with Congo and Angel Lake where the AI driving lines for the first time were crossing the train tracks, funny things happen there ..

But there are also other 'Sweet Spots' as I call them like when you get there the AI cops in their straight peculiar behaviour to just try to follow you they sometimes fall off from somewhere or get stuck etc.

A good example is the steep edge down by the Lake in Congo track, when the cops (depending on where you place yourself at) they often do an wonderful somersault and land on their roofs .. ouch ^-^

I want to start a new (another, ok) screenshot thread and share some of my own experiences where some of those 'Sweet Spots' (an expression in HiFi enthusiams circles) are to find, if by now you don't know all of them or for unexperienced NFS users (there may be some?) who have never seen that before perhaps...

If you like to, feel free to add your sreenshots of your own personal Spots and maybe a short description on which track this mostly takes place and how you manage to force maybe a strange AI behaviour or so..

Sometimes, presumed you are in to Track editing, it just only takes a small altering in some polygon flags to either let cars through to somewhere or make them unpassable so you can influence such things a bit ;)

An example for that is that small edge on 'Deadly Outback' near the oilfield, where you normally cannot pass the edge down to that little spring, but if you do .. see the attached pics =D
On the other hand, by the gas station I altered the polygon flags so you can pass the arced building such as cops can do, I call that a 'Hot Spot', increasing action a little bit on a certain location.
An example for that is the steep serpentine road on 'Landstrasse SE', where, if you manage to let the cops follow you up the hill (from the village side) and decrease speed then just to handle the serpentines steepness, all the cops rush through here and land in unpredictable ways since the blocks' speed files weren't altered. Veeery funny if you manage to do as I described it ^-^
Heavier or larger traffic cars like EBus or ESemi often produce spectacular accidents there if you noticed that.
Near the lake on Cliffside Rallye is that passage, if you wait there the cops come nearby but then either get pushed to a somersault or fall into the lake, but sometimes from even down there they get you .. strange ;)
Even while just drowning a cop fulfills his duties. Remakable heroic.

Ok, as said this might be not new to the most of you, but I think this could be interesting for some or just a funny pasttime to shoot pics from that, and perhaps you know some places that others still don't and vice versa ..

Greetings
Frank
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2016, 2:11 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #1
on: Oct 10, 2016, 1:59 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
.. here's that passage through the building I altered on Deadly Outback to the Gas Station ..
Dang, Bandit didn't watch out ::)

.. and the serpentine thing on Landstrasse SE I told about ..

Guess the cop should better care about the Bus's passengers than a speeder ???
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2016, 2:14 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #2
on: Oct 10, 2016, 1:05 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Uh, that's another 'Sweet Spot' (and a 'Hot Spot', too I'm afraid) on Hometown 2 v3.0 (Hickey's Town textures used here...)), the parallel road by the Main road, where the small edge by the fence forces the AI cops to do such somersaults like in the picture when they try to follow you up there...
Can anyone remember the movie .. quite similar .. those IL cop cars piling up by the HWY?
And yes, they 'broke my watch', again, of course .. (see recently added pics ^-^.. finally found them on my HDD)
This picture shows my 'Blues Brothers' setup where traffic sedans are Illinois ST Monacos and the auxilary cop car is the Wauconda County Sheriff's vehicle ..
Well, these guys manage to do a lot of mess and trouble, so ..
.. another pic on Empire Backstreets 4.0 shows the classic 'passage through Chicago' featuring CHPD Monacos and a 'left-over' IL State Trooper cop car .. sry. I can't pick better pics on my old machine ...

There used to be a stream on youtube 'what classic NFS stands for ..', sb. knows this? That is .. pure entertainment, for hours and hours, and even quite the way you wish and consider it ..

There's more to come on side two, so turn this sucker over ..  :P

Add:'..and the sixty-four-thousand-Dollar-question is: has anyone recognized the previous quote?' - continues as follows: '... got no friends? got no fun? - Listen to SPLIFF AND YOU'LL SEE THE SUN ...!!!' - The Spliff Radio Show from 1980! Congratulations!
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2016, 4:50 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #3
on: Oct 10, 2016, 3:02 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
-_-
Hi Those are, Great pics Franknfurter, yea Johnny Style, I see you Remind of of ah,So called,Friend of mine names Sam.., or like Madman? he talks Just like u do. Some.
Yes,my Last Atlantic's track,had some Fun Ai) behavior, at the new bridge road, I try to get a cheaper older,pc sum day, next month, I hope..? Mondays,  ^-^
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2016, 7:36 PM by _WiLL_ »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #4
on: Oct 10, 2016, 11:26 PM

Very interesting shots there Franknfurter.
Do you modify cars for yourself? The bluesmobile looks very nice. Also the Chevy from your first post. Is this the '67 Camaro converted by Reggeaton RS? I did not know he made a convertible version too.

Regarding your topic: When i was younger, i liked to park my car in the village "Wilster" on the track "Autobahn" by BeniC and watch the cops gathering on the main road, going totally crazy ^^

Reply #5
on: Oct 11, 2016, 2:50 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
@_WILL_:

Who the heck is 'Johnny' .. just wondering .. but totally agree with you, NFS runs best on old cheap hardware ^-^

@MADMAN:

I almost rework any car when I get them ^-^ NJ can tell you a thing or two about it... and not always to his pleasure =D
Yes, the lovely '67 Camaro :) is Reggeaton's Conversion, the convertible option as well as the female driver I added for myself in Zmod. And .. YES, she does wear underwear, kinda .. sorta (other than the female co-driver of my '70 Challenger (SMOKEY!'s)

The civilian Chevy Impala originally is the 'Buckingham Masson' police cruiser from good old Dodge Boy with textures from the 'default' Caprice reworked. Wonder why the civilian version never had been published anywhere, was it? :(

I wanted an undercover cop car for Serial#36, so I added an interior light that appears when the car is used as the auxiliary cop car on Empire, Redrock and so on, and since it isn't checked as police in NFSWizard I can ride it also as a 'racer', well, uhm.. this is slightly exaggerated in terms of overall performance :P

Well, the 'Bluesmobile' is just Dodge Boy's old '90 Caprice with new textures and some details reworked, not yet finished but grille and tail lights such as some other details fit the look quite well I think ..
Performance .. well, cop rims, cop suspension, cop engine, cop transmission .. made by those catalytic converters .. or so .. I think

Yes, I know the spot you mentioned =D .. a 'Sweet Spot' as I call it ..
But did you also notice the cars falling down that overpass bride from near the last block to block 0? And cars going beserk when they cannot find the AI driving line backwards to the last block? I stood for hours and watched the cops running in circles there :police:
(Like on SlawekR's very nice 'Miami' replacement track right at the starting line until this has been patched)

It was one of the most lavish and sophisticated tracks at that time I guess, with that motorway rest area (on both sides, of course(!), the new village, the longest parallel road I ever had seen until then and all that stuff -like that costly arch bridge-  .. Chapeau!

Have the Autobahn 1.0 track still, yet a bit reworked and patched in some places, I should make some funny screenies still of that matter btw ;)
Or you or someone else go ahead and do so, that's why I started this thread btw uhmm ..

Greetings
Frank

P.S.: 'The Bluesmobile' (partly adapted) .. and, of course, with the cigarette lighter broken ^-^
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2016, 4:31 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #6
on: Oct 11, 2016, 4:55 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Some other goodies from another game setup? Like 'Smokey and the Bandit'?

https://youtube.com/v/bAhFtSc70BA

Well, as you can imagine a semi truck has a little more 'potency' or simply mass than a car has ..
It also edited the truck's carp.txt data to keep it from exceeding a certain speed so it wouldn't be chased by the cops in classic pursuit .. mostly =D

BTW these are very old pics, the Snowman as well as the Pontiac have been reworked a thousand times since then ^-^ ..

It is fun riding this setup on multiplayer, did that often with my son when he was younger still. Guess who always had to drive the truck then erhm .. Gameplay was to simply exceed speed as the first in the Pontiac to 'pull' the cops off the truck .. or to push them away from the truck if it is being pursuited, this is alot fun, too.
Works also in singleplayer, but you have to define the truck as class AAA (or whatever class, but in AAA you don't have to deactivate as many cars as there..) without any other cars in this class, otherwise you have to start a race again and again to have Snowman as the only possible opponent.

Wouldn't it be a nice change if you could start a race in teams (like the cops do), only as a suggestion to the HEX tinklers?
 =D =D =D
Greetings
Frank
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2016, 9:36 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #7
on: Oct 11, 2016, 5:51 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
 .. uhm there's one single person not to be missed in a 'Smokey and the Bandit' setup .. 'Smokey' alias Buford T. Justice .. did that, too, as the auxiliary cop .. with the fat little 'HEAD' cop as cop.fce from NFSIII ^-^

Unfortunately it doesn't jump around madly when ticketing you like Buford does in the movie still =D

Concerning the Pontiac .. I couldn't resist doing the Widwall using a certain movie scene :P
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2016, 6:09 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #8
on: Oct 11, 2016, 10:07 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
@MADMAN ..
here's a screenie of the '67 Camaro (plus driver Lady)

'What's it gonna be, dear Mr. Officer ..?' ;)

Yes NJ, it's your GSPI Sheriff ^-^
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2016, 2:17 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #9
on: Oct 11, 2016, 1:37 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
.. here's another little 'Sweet Spot' of which I don't really know if everyone here's spotted it already, in the catacombs of the 'Area 51's' tunnel system of SlawekR's 'Las Vegal Final' .. altered the textures a bit to a more 'secret-like' impression ^-^

Reply #10
on: Oct 15, 2016, 6:44 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
... see if you can spot the first one folks? 'Been there .. done that ..' ::) Reminds me of .. uhm .. that's strictly private ..

2nd pic:

.. and there's still those 'basins' in one of the side streets right at the beginning of Durham City beta3, wait a moment (right there like on the pic) until the cops try to follow you up there at last and see what happens ... ^-^

A real 'Hot Spot' btw because if the cops - by chance -  don't do that wonderful somersault they manage to reach you through the basin still, so you better get off in time! :o

' .. wasn't me, Mr. Officer? Must be a million pinkish overpowered cars out there ...' 8)
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2016, 8:09 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #11
on: Oct 18, 2016, 1:47 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Hello folks,
as said I would try to make some more screenies still of that 'Hot Spotting' procedure on Fangio's Landstrasse SE.

And this is how it works:
Start a 'getaway' pursuit on Germany BACKWARDS. Go to the entrance of the village's city wall where Fangio has made that hidden parallel road. Wait until a few cops have gathered before there, this may take few minutes. Get out again and back on the road, make sure all cops will follow you up the road to the hilltop and(!) brake in time so you manage to stay on the steep serpentine road properly and .. wait a few seconds. The cops will NOT lower their speed and will fly in unpredictable ways allover the place ^-^
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2016, 2:05 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #12
on: Oct 18, 2016, 1:54 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
 .. after the cops one after the other have finally resetted you can repeat this procedure time and time again, depending on your skills ^-^ .. if you need a break either for laughing or excitement reasons, you know where to hide.
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2016, 2:06 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #13
on: Oct 18, 2016, 1:58 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
.. so, after a small break (if necessary) ..

.. off we go again ..

Bye folks - have fun!

P.S. those spectacular flights of the cops will only look like that if you alter the polygons' attributes in the serpentine area a bit ('Wall collision dectection' -> unchecked)

Add.: Here's an even better shot of the 'Flight of the Phoenix's' =D (Dashview out of Martin Leps' F50)
Or the 'Flying Circus', if you will .. worth as 'SOTD' perhaps?
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2016, 12:42 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #14
on: Oct 20, 2016, 10:34 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
.. another nicely done 'Sweet Spot' on ICE's aka Nick Iliff's 'Crystal Spring' ..

similar to 'February Country Woods' by _WILL_ , but with some additional fences and a beautiful wooden church. Really nice. There is also another Spot by the main road made like a plaza ..
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2016, 2:06 PM by FranknFurter »

Support NFSAddons: