NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 3:13 AM

Need For Speed 4 Modern Patch - Donations?

This is a discussion for the topic Need For Speed 4 Modern Patch - Donations? on the board General NFS.

Poll

Choose the maximum sum you would donate for Veg's "NFS4 Modern Patch" project.

5$
0 (0%)
10$
0 (0%)
20$
0 (0%)
30$
2 (22.2%)
40$
0 (0%)
50$
3 (33.3%)
60$
1 (11.1%)
70$
0 (0%)
80$
0 (0%)
90$
0 (0%)
100$
2 (22.2%)
150$
0 (0%)
200$
0 (0%)
even more
0 (0%)
I will not donate for this project.
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: Jun 20, 2016, 3:12 AM

Author Topic: Need For Speed 4 Modern Patch - Donations?  (Read 150812 times)

Reply #270
on: May 07, 2017, 5:50 AM

(...)
Wow, NFS3 NextGen is beautiful.

you might know that, but NextGen is just VEG's original modern patch with some tweaks and addons ;)

Reply #271
on: May 07, 2017, 6:03 AM

(...)
Wow, NFS3 NextGen is beautiful.

you might know that, but NextGen is just VEG's original modern patch with some tweaks and addons ;)

I know, only if I exploit the 2048x2048/1024x1024 texture support somehow.

Reply #272
on: Jul 24, 2017, 10:31 PM

Hi, Everyone. How do I donate for VEG's project?

Is it by Paypal, Patreon, or some other form?

Slowly flowing the energy through my body, and falling embers embrace myself.

Reply #273
on: Jul 25, 2017, 10:33 AM

The first milestone of donations has been reached and even exceeded. A total of $864 have been collected for the High Stakes Modern Patch (!).
For now it is not possible to donate more.
But im sure Veg will be gateful for any support when he continues with the next step of the project.

Quote from: Veg     http://veg.by/en/donate/
Thank you for your donations. Everything what was promised will be done. Unfortunately, I can't accept donations at the moment. Unfortunately, PayPal doesn't allow to accept money in my country (Belarus). So I have to find some workaround.

Currently he is still refactoring graphics engine of NFS3 and plans to port the polished code to NFS4 afterwards. Furthermore he is working on a tool which is supposed to speed up the process of inserting program code into the game exe, which is done completely by hand at the time.

Reply #274
on: Jul 25, 2017, 3:43 PM

Thanks MADMAN_nfs.  :)

By the way, nice channel on youtube.  8)

Reply #275
on: Jul 27, 2017, 8:25 PM
Rookie Member

I tried the EP pack but somehow it doesn't work with the modern patch. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Am dumb xD worked it out.
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2017, 9:00 PM by therealdadbeard »

Reply #276
on: Aug 06, 2017, 5:37 AM
View Profile

VEG

How do I donate for VEG's project?
Unfortunately, it isn't possible anymore.

Paypal doesn't allow to accept money in my country, so I asked my old friend from Moscow to accept all the donations and then send them to me using a local money system (which works in Russia and Belarus, but doesn't work worldwide). My friend sent me part of the money, and disappeared then, so I still didn't received all the money, but it is my fault, so don't worry, I remember about every donation (which is accounted on the donation page), and I'll do everything what promised either way, but I'm not sure about terms. And I think that my old friend just has some temporary problems himself and I still hope he will appear again one day :)

I'm sorry that I can't keep the deadline. I worked on the project more than for 2-3 months and didn't finished the work because I wanted to do it in a perfect way. You know, sometimes perfectionism exhausts you and prevents you from finishing your work in time. But my other side helps me to do everything I want at last. I always return and keep trying till it's done :)

Last time I was working on a new tool which will help me to patch other programs and games maybe 30% quicker. It is also not finished, but I would like to use it for NFS4 when I'll be porting the most important changes from the NFS3. I'm writing this tool not only for these patches, actually I'd like to patch some other games also, that's why I want to finish this tool before any further work.

Again, sorry that it takes so long time.
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017, 9:09 AM by VEG »

Reply #277
on: Oct 29, 2017, 10:33 AM

After long pause VEG posted at his BLOG about the current progress of the Modern Patch.

Unfortunately no good news.  :(

The project is ceased for now, until further notice.

LINK: message to all donators

Reply #278
on: Oct 29, 2017, 11:27 AM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.

Reply #279
on: Oct 29, 2017, 8:17 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
^
I know he made the old game we Love... Run,much better,taking off the high-poly Cars Restrictions, an more. So I really understand, we're an what he means,much I feel the same way about,my Next Track Project. I have over 40+ hours,into it. )
An it Runs fine. I never seen a E.city like ever.
Well, all I know is much, as he said, I'm in the same types,of Situations,in my Life... an I know I'm even older than him.
I'm being all nice about all this, so. Hope he will come back?
@ AJ_L that F, button sure made me giggle today,Thanks bud   ^-^

I here you Rider 666 :}
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2017, 4:02 AM by WiLL »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #280
on: Oct 30, 2017, 3:04 AM

I wouldn't be so pessimistic on the time matter. After all, there's still plenty of time till 20th anniversary on 1st March 2019 :) Only bad thing is that according to Veg, it's still not a public project in terms of support tools and source release. Anyway, let's hope for the better future.

Reply #281
on: Nov 12, 2017, 4:54 PM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
TBH all I want from now on is widescreen and 1024x1024 texture support. :D

And this mostly because there are many addon cars with 512x512 textures (most of Butch's newer cars, dingsign's BMW M6, Jason Trusty's Pontiacs), which would greatly benefit from an upped limit. It would also greatly help the community that still makes police cars for the game.

Multi-core support would be helpful, too, as the game would run a little better with detailed addons.

The rest of the stuff people often request is not feasible IMO. The car limit might be too difficult to crack due to all the strict things in the game regarding serial numbers. It seems EA left it all in the EXE and we were lucky to even have the possibility to add cars because of how the addons were handled. Notice how there aren't any official addon tracks for the game and the track list is one of the strictest things in the file structure, to such an extent that track features are linked to the slot rather than the files themselves!

Reply #282
on: Dec 10, 2017, 7:26 AM

Hi all,

I think I might have found another way to send money to VEG, for future milestones on the project.

Check out:

https://www.xoom.com/?_rt=kac-all-branded-bing-mt-pp-xoom-paid-nf-en&matchtype=e&device=c&adp={adposition}&languageCode=en#global-home-send

Might work, who knows...

Reply #283
on: Dec 10, 2017, 8:24 AM

Well, the project is on hold currently. Donations are out of question in my view (also the 1st milestone, that is still outstanding, has been reached already).
Besides, i do not see Belarus or Russia in xoom's list of Money Transfer Locations - so i guess this service is not the solution for easy money transfer to Veg.

Greetings

Reply #284
on: Jun 22, 2018, 8:11 AM
Rookie Member

Anyone got an idea how to get higher resolutions with the dx7 renderer in NFS4? I used dgvoodoos wrapper but then headlights in the nights are extremely flickering.

Support NFSAddons: