NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 5:55 AM

Need For Speed 4 Modern Patch - Donations?

This is a discussion for the topic Need For Speed 4 Modern Patch - Donations? on the board General NFS.

Poll

Choose the maximum sum you would donate for Veg's "NFS4 Modern Patch" project.

5$
0 (0%)
10$
0 (0%)
20$
0 (0%)
30$
2 (22.2%)
40$
0 (0%)
50$
3 (33.3%)
60$
1 (11.1%)
70$
0 (0%)
80$
0 (0%)
90$
0 (0%)
100$
2 (22.2%)
150$
0 (0%)
200$
0 (0%)
even more
0 (0%)
I will not donate for this project.
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: Jun 20, 2016, 3:12 AM

Author Topic: Need For Speed 4 Modern Patch - Donations?  (Read 150827 times)

Reply #225
on: Jan 15, 2017, 8:50 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
not installing SP/EP before means NFS is then unpatched and w/o 1MB patch and other hacks?
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2017, 8:52 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #226
on: Jan 15, 2017, 8:53 AM

here what i can suggest.
1)Monitor/Screen shall have its own native resolution in drivers settings. If its doesnt listed (on XP) as -- recommended (as i have listed it on Seven)... Older or weaker PC's/Monitors have its own native res. and when you entering the most 3D modes (running a game) game might wont start if Desktop resolution isnt a NATIVE.
ex.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwmqNtDg30G6WWRqbWZQMnlwbFk/view?usp=sharing

2)Evg's nfshs.ini setup. There you can see (as i was one of the first testers) the native first and correct Ini's file setup. Note, im suing only DX7 b/c other stuff is not for me. /// "192" (limit) will make HS run all of the cars to HS on maximum grid. Over "192" is not recommended. Its causing crashes (just like if it were setup to "256". /// There you has 128mb GF...im not quite sure.... completely not sure... but i might guess lowering that to "64", might have your game running...idk.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwmqNtDg30G6bktTWmJHNkg0S0U/view?usp=sharing

3)Video Driver settings. Silly or not... i decided to post it anyways.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwmqNtDg30G6U21mSGx4b0VlNE0/view?usp=sharing

4) Before making this post I checked if i have a recent Modrn Patch to HS... well i hasnt. I downloaded it and install it. Game works but the Menus was blured (just like in original High Stakes on D3D). If you didnt know the Oct5'16 release have fixing that problem. Its not because of "nfshs.exe" its because the "Drivers" folder's content.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwmqNtDg30G6S3ZVX2t3Qkh3ZW8/view?usp=sharing

5) Some software, built or random is causing problems (to run HS). Try to install a game again to different Directory, ex- "NFSHS2017 fuck yea!". Over it do install Evg's Modern Patch latest version. Do the corrections to Ini file, do run the game. If it crashed, get this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwmqNtDg30G6MnpRdXB1RUR3dW8/view?usp=sharing
Right click - Edit...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwmqNtDg30G6ZkNNS1Jhb01sbm8/view?usp=sharing
what is red need to be changed to your game's path (attention: there shall be double "\\" except of one "\", in the places where it shown just like that (red lines).

If this could get help to anybody, then its just great.
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2017, 8:57 AM by Geminiyo »

Reply #227
on: Jan 15, 2017, 8:56 AM

not installing SP/EP before means NFS is then unpatched and w/o 1MB patch and other hacks?

NOT installing nfs4 at ALL

Code: [Select]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  How To Install
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Copy DATA and SAVEDATA directories from the NFS4 CD to a new empty directory.
2. Extract contents of this archive into that directory with replacement of files.
3. Done!

Reply #228
on: Jan 15, 2017, 9:16 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
but some apps do need installion registry entries .. ???
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2017, 9:20 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #229
on: Jan 15, 2017, 9:17 AM

Veg's nfs4.exe is Portable! So it is not using the registry at all. Registry-Tweaks will have no effect.

I tested Zeckensacks Wrapper on my WinXP 32bit system with same results. Black screen when starting a race.
I have no other software running in the background (no Steam, Fraps, etc...).
When i press Windows key the black overlay minimizes and i see normal game screen; but by doing that, NFS4 loses focus and keyboard/mouse are stop working (then i can only close the game via Task Manager).

The similarity between those PC's is, they both have an NVidia Graphics card. Maybe its driver related? The XP Machine has an older, completely different driver tho (ForceWare 169.28).

Reply #230
on: Jan 15, 2017, 9:23 AM

Registers figuring where app is installed (firewall etc for ex). its also helping find nfshs\data\cars folder, for helping change the Serial numbers. eh.

Portable but only if you 99% controll the progress.
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2017, 9:25 AM by Geminiyo »

Reply #231
on: Jan 15, 2017, 9:25 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
I know VEG patch is portable but some related applications look for NFS registry entries ..

funny u say there .. have old NVidia too last of AGP driver 175.16, had tried ATI Radeon 9250 too then I had problems u have right now .. silly isn't it?

uh btw here's my current config .. (Windows XP professional SP3/Win7 HP dual boot) on:

- Epox EP-8KRAI mb /200MHz FSB (VIA Apollo KT600 chipset)  w/ Athlon XP 3200+ w/ 3Gig RAM DDR-1 Samsung non-ECC PC3200

- NVidia GeForce FX5500 AGP 128-bit 256 MB RAM

that of any help now that I looked this all up folks? ???
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2017, 10:25 AM by FranknFurter »

Reply #232
on: Jan 15, 2017, 11:42 AM

@Keiiko: VEG patch without EP gives same problem.

@FranknFurter: Do you mean Glide3x.dll in C:\windows should be renamed?

I tried all trashdrivers in nfs4.ini with Zeckensack and nglide 1.03 (thought it was 1.05 sorry)

-dx6: I don't need ctrl alt del (taskmanager) to end the process
-dx7: see dx6
-dx8: I need taskmanager to end the process
-nglide: see dx8
-glide3x: black screen when starting game. with nglide 1.03 it works but I need taskmanager
-dgvoodoo: see glide3x
-softtri: works perfect except the graphics are horrible offcourse

What about nfshs.ini?, is that the .ini which is created by EP?

I have nfs4.exe,  nfshs.exe,  nfshsEP.exe,  nfshsgame.exe,  kinda confusing for me.

Reply #233
on: Jan 15, 2017, 11:55 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
pheeeew .. sounds outta control pal ..

first of all .. u kno what ur doing? LOL .. VEG patch comes with own driver installation folder right there in NFS\drivers directory and uses them there (that's what nfs4.ini driver path entry tells NFS4.exe what to do and to look where ..) except drivers NOT installed or wrong path THEN drivers used in Windows\system directory FIRST, if not there it looks up one level in Windows root if not there no work at all .. error msg or black screen ..

btw .. this all concerns just Glide drivers ..

so .. if you installed NGlide AND ZS' 0.84c AND VEG patch and NOT kno what ur doing no wonder u got a mess .. :-\

no offense at all ok? .. just trying to make sense of all that and to help you ..

VEG patch OK if drivers are there in correct directory or system directory OR windows root .. NOT ok if driver not there AND both Glide3x.dll there in Windows\system and Windows root ok? bigger one is NGlide, smaller is ZS Glide3x Windows root driver .. phew...

u know at all which .exe to start properly? NFS4.exe is from VEG patch, NFSHSgame.exe from EP/SP then ..

EP/SP patches original NFSHS.exe to batch start 'NFSgame.exe' which is main game application then ...

.. this sometimes doesn't really quit on exit so you have to end by Taskmanager, right? so ur not using correct .exe file probably should be 'nfs4.exe' with VEG patch ...

... and 'NFSHS.ini' doesn't exist IMHO ... ??? .. slowly smelling a rat don't I? :o
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2017, 1:07 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #234
on: Jan 15, 2017, 1:23 PM

I do exactly what readme from VEG tells me.As clean as possible I believe, with data/savedata from CD to new empty directory.So no EP or nGlide wrapper.

And offcourse use nfs4.exe.

With trashdriver set to dx7 it works (no taskmanager) but with dx8 the problem comes back.

Reply #235
on: Jan 15, 2017, 2:54 PM

I do exactly what readme from VEG tells me.As clean as possible I believe, with data/savedata from CD to new empty directory.So no EP or nGlide wrapper.

And offcourse use nfs4.exe.

With trashdriver set to dx7 it works (no taskmanager) but with dx8 the problem comes back.
so firstly, http://veg.by/files/nfs4/nfs4_modern_patch_beta.7z use this if not, secondly it is just a beta and not all things (drivers) works on every windows on all GPU

dx7, as veg wrote a while back, is the best one now (to know why, search this topic an other topics on modern patch there)

what i suggest is, if clean modern patch installation according readme works with one or more drivers then use those when running modern patch on normal installation with sp/ep

just install game just as normal, then sp as normal (and ep) and then copy only these files
Code: [Select]
drivers\ (whole folder)
nfs4.exe
nfs4.ini
eacsnd.dll (should be there already)
then set in ini your previously tested working driver (probably dx7) and run the game with nfs4.exe

note: it is just my assumption, i did not actually try any of this, but i would try exactly that :)

I have nfs4.exe,  nfshs.exe,  nfshsEP.exe,  nfshsgame.exe,  kinda confusing for me.

nfshs.exe > run game as normal, without modern patch
nfs4.exe > run as/with modern patch
nfshsgame.exe >dunno about this one, but it is from sp/ep
nfshsEP.exe > i dont have this one in my installation, whats that?

nfshsorg.exe > original unpatched EA version of exe

edit: crc32 of my games exe files, if anyone want to check
nfshs.exe 3E735D38
nfshsgame.exe F41743F5
nfshsorg.exe A20639D9
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2017, 10:36 PM by Keiiko »

Reply #236
on: Jan 15, 2017, 4:51 PM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Hi um, Noise hey Sorry man, your Game is doing all Crapp, on you I just am, using Glide Wrapper, on the Game, so I went with that came from EP, but I'm getting Good FPS, is why, an I'm on Win7 pro so, I don't care about how Fancy my Graphics,  are but there pretty good  =D I got this HD Cord plugged,in to my Video card,an monitor,  so maybe it helps  ??? So...
All I want do is Do the Last Road, I got Going on, on my Track an it's going Great. That Temperamental, Summit...
An, I installed the game much like,Keiiko says, But, I ment is, other Exe's, are just one, is a 1kb, icon,or here is,like the same?
And,um, if you look on the Details, of it an one is a 193kb,is all so not all are Full game start ones. Good luck bud.
hope you get it Cranking,better pal..?
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2017, 7:14 PM by WiLL »
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #237
on: Jan 15, 2017, 9:22 PM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
just as a hint and even if it is fake one, why you not try using the Dx9b driver from EP/SP 3D setup rarfile 'D3DA.rar'?

It is actually a modified Dx7 driver from GALAHs Fifa99 3D Patch as Evgeny stated (you can also see that in file properties) but runs fine very smooth with me and supports as well fog and high resolution ..

I just made an new folder 'DX9' in \drivers directory and copied necessary trash.ini from Dx7 driver folder to that, edited thrash.ini 'file=DX9b.dll' (have to rename the dll also of course) and NFS root 'nfs4.ini' to 'dx9' to direct nfs4.exe to new folder .. ^-^

But very strange when using Glide still that is on your machine .. ???
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2017, 9:45 PM by FranknFurter »

Reply #238
on: Jan 16, 2017, 3:50 AM

What can you say about this... (some kinda tipe of humor...)

Also what you think about MainMnus resolution is by defaults, happen to be in at up to 1280x960pixels resolution. eh ?

Am I flaming ?

Reply #239
on: Jan 16, 2017, 6:10 AM

• Personal Text
    Die-hard classic NFS Fan
Uhm .. nice .. are you playin' at least matching menu music for that? ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/v/kgaMgl6PAB8

If not I will try to convert it .. =D =D =D
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2017, 6:27 AM by FranknFurter »

Support NFSAddons: