NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 4:06 AM

Online-Resources of classic NFS titles

This is a discussion for the topic Online-Resources of classic NFS titles on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: Online-Resources of classic NFS titles  (Read 173868 times)

Reply #150
on: Dec 03, 2016, 5:43 AM

Hey Paul Spain,
do you talk about www.std-design.narod.ru by Sergi and Alex? That site is already listed at the Author websites.

Greetings

Reply #151
on: Dec 03, 2016, 10:21 AM

Hey Paul Spain,
do you talk about www.std-design.narod.ru by Sergi and Alex? That site is already listed at the Author websites.

Greetings

Yeah that's it. Do you have this one too? Net Maniac. It's in their links and has some good NFS HighStakes files as well but unlike STD there is no English option, One must use Chrome's translate option.

http://www.netmaniac.narod.ru/

NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #152
on: Dec 04, 2016, 2:02 PM

Ok cool,

- www.netmaniac.narod.ru added

At the same time i noticed Jimi Wichs site is timing out

- www.jimi-w.de is down

List has been updated.

Reply #153
on: Dec 07, 2016, 2:05 PM

Found an author website. UnBtable's home page with some of his tracks.

http://www.friendly-pc-gamers.net/PCG-UB/index.php

Reply #154
on: Dec 07, 2016, 3:40 PM

Well,
i guess i can add that, although there is only his "Canyon" track downloadable.
The rest are links to other websites.
I wonder what happend to the Redrock Mod project.

Greetings

Reply #155
on: Dec 14, 2016, 6:06 AM

Reply #156
on: Dec 16, 2016, 5:03 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Remember the Detomaso Pantera that was made for NFS3 (and the Qvale Mangusta for NFS4) by Digital Thunder?

That site still exists: http://www.digitalthunder.com/nfs-pantera/

The d/l for the nfs3 Pantera still works, the Qvale doesn't (but it's still available at NFSCars)

Still fun to see it survive. ;)

Reply #157
on: Dec 27, 2016, 1:29 PM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.
Found Zacabeb's old NFS site with a couple of mods in it:
http://home.swipnet.se/zacabeb/

Also, the 4lower's download link is broken

Reply #158
on: Dec 28, 2016, 2:22 AM

Last news update 5 dec 1999 on zacabeb's site, mainly cynism and poetry.Nice reading

2 interesting track tweaks though. So good find anyway.

Reply #159
on: Dec 28, 2016, 9:18 AM

Found Zacabeb's old NFS site with a couple of mods in it:
http://home.swipnet.se/zacabeb/

Also, the 4lower's download link is broken

AJ do you mean the Stiffenroll thing? I have it and can post it up if you would like, I never played with it yet though.
NFS HighStakes is the best

Reply #160
on: Dec 28, 2016, 10:09 AM

Neither the Stiffnroll or 4lower is not what I recommend to test (i created it).

If you would like to find a sim related (very accurate) handling (and probably test it it on a favorite model), go there http://www.nfscars.net/forums/topics/nfs-high-stakes/43643/2/ and get a Corvette C6 and Zonda early alpha (nearly the latest post).

I can easly say, my prevoius oncreation to handling was piece-of-trash (stiffnroll and all the flowers)
Really

Once I'll trace a B class (Challenger RT to be sure). You guys will get full toolkit to mess with.
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2016, 10:15 AM by Geminiyo »

Reply #161
on: Dec 30, 2016, 5:11 AM

Thanks for the input guys. Never saw Zacabeb's site before. Nice find.

Geminiyo, I wouldn't consider your older handlings a "piece-of-trash". I like the mass/weight transfer you created with the new handling that makes the car swerve. Though, the use of a controller/analog doesn't make much difference now. The steering now is a bit too weak for my taste (tested with Corvette C6).

The 4Lower site is still working. Version 1.0 is still downloadable but the "Key To The Highway" link, that contains new addon tracks and loading screens, is broken atm.

Geminiyo, are you related with that site (www.fino.w6.ru/nfs4.htm) or is someone just hosting your old mod?
Do you have an own homepage or public hoster-folder that we can link here? :)

List has been updated.

- Zacabeb's NFS site added.
- www.digitalthunder.com added.

Greetings
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2016, 5:13 AM by MADMAN_nfs »

Reply #162
on: Dec 30, 2016, 9:24 AM

@MADMAN_nfs
I have all 4lowers archives on th personal computer. I havent tested em Recently.
https://box.unet.by/f/13/13814_f5d.jpg
But I still think its piece-of-trash b/c  even if/and anything out of release condidates was fun, it wasnt as realistical as Recent statement (of configurations). Im quite sure about the lack for atleast 5 realistical feautres (or maybe even more) in previous 4lowers. Now its just nearly the perfect. Perhaps you dont believe that.

"The steering now is a bit too weak for my taste (tested with Corvette C6)." - thats true and I know that  but if to make it faster, it will ruin the overal realism. /// About Analog use: It can be use but for most people who playing online it will seems a TOO hard to handle.

fino.w6.ru/nfs4 - yea, its my site. I dont have an access to FTP b/c the hoster closes the free-hosting. I think it will live until 2099 but im sure no one would ever get access to it. I dont have anyother web-pages.

Reply #163
on: Dec 30, 2016, 9:48 AM

^
Well today i thought in brains: what if, I will (mistakenly) populise the ratios to all 50 cars. Make the OAT (which is probably a dead feature asides with handbrake use). Well if you have seen "Dumb High Stakes Drivers" video you will understand about it (whe g-transfer parameter in high plus, the allowness of OAT remaining unknown for - I havent tested Opponent Acceleration Tables since last 4lower build. Too much lazy to do that (perhaps). ...
... Aaand what if I fix Fedata, and make it ready to be played in CAREER. Gain to 4lower's cars similar serial numbers that original has, and so, make the "Chevy" tournament or "Porsche" be playable with its closest cousins...
...Get out the porper car Prices somehwere (I have no idea about that)...
...Take out perfect shadow, smoke and tire traces. Also fix the shadow transparancy (under the car) to each track: original and additional.  Put it all in, and release it as 4lower v5

... but something telling me. It will take some time.

Reply #164
on: Jan 10, 2017, 9:33 AM

Support NFSAddons: