NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 10:48 PM

NFSHS not give up ... please!

This is a discussion for the topic NFSHS not give up ... please! on the board General NFS.

Author Topic: NFSHS not give up ... please!  (Read 23231 times)

30 Replies on NFSHS not give up ... please!
on: Feb 01, 2012, 2:05 PM

Why do not we do (convert) cars that do not yet have the NFSHS?

Many people are still making cars or turning pro as NFSHS Copasorus101, butch, reight, Team RSR Racer Tomb, NJ (XJ220) watzelm, AJ_Lethal,

These people could make cars that are not yet in 'menu of our game, such as:

Alfa Romeo 8C, Ascari KZ1,  Astom Martim ONE, Audi TT RS, Audi RS6, Audi R8 5.2, Audi R8 GT, Bentley GT, BMW M3 E92, BMW Z4 2011,  Bugatti Veyron SS, Ferrari 458 and other new cars that could be in the game ....

Let us focus on new cars, old cars and of course we have not yet as the Nazca C2
I tried one day to convert a car GTAs ... but got so many polygons that I gave up!

Reply #1
on: Feb 04, 2012, 10:41 AM

NFSHS is dying... I still play NFSHS and NFS3 though I prefer NFSHP2 PS2.

Reply #2
on: Feb 09, 2012, 10:27 PM

NFS:HS is going upwards again, lately, some more people got more active and I see new cars for it at least every week.
Team RSR will not do any of the above mentioned cars, but we're gonna continue with classic Porsche and classic BMW addons ;)

Reply #3
on: Feb 10, 2012, 8:06 AM

• Personal Text
    Ferrarista and supercar lover
High Stakes is not dying and will never die.  It's too special, too many people love it in a way the newer NFS games can not be loved.

I too would love to race an Alfa 8C, Ascari KZ1, and Bugatti Veyron SS on Route Adonf and such.

Reply #4
on: Feb 10, 2012, 10:31 AM

New T3ED is comming ... soon. :)
Get T3ED, Stock & Expansion Pack from Magenta Cloud.

Reply #5
on: Feb 10, 2012, 10:34 AM

In music they search for a specific sound.Sometimes they find it with old instruments.

In the case of cars I often like the original versions of cars best (Ford Mustang f.e.)

Other nfs titles didn't do it for me.

I hope for more great classic cars.And I like the variety, I don't see many Lancia's, Jensen or Morgan.
What about a Citroen DS or Peugeot 504 coupe maybe a '55 Chrysler 300c.

Reply #6
on: Feb 12, 2012, 10:38 AM

• Personal Text
    Stupid blunt claws.

Reply #7
on: Feb 13, 2012, 3:32 PM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
We don't see these cars because people think it's not possible to convert cars from newer games to HS but it seems no one has ever heard of LODs before(?). I think the 3rd LOD of Forza 3 meshes already has acceptable polycount for HS.

I tried to do some stuff with Forza 3 meshes but it's a bit complicated to figure out what parts you need. I sent an email to Vlad Archer (only person who got Forza meshes into HS) ages ago asking for directions but he hasn't replied...

The problem with NFS, IMO, is that it really died with NFS5, since NFS6 (the last "classic" game) was a travesty of a game. The only ones with good quality after them were the Shift games, but those aren't in the spirit of the old games and could be considered spin-offs. Most Wanted had the potential, but turned out to be the wrong game to build a new modding era of NFS upon. Why? Because I can't use the mod of someone with the mod of someone else, since they replace the same car! How cool is that? [/sarcasm] And MW actually has less playable cars than HS (38 street cars and 4 police cars, while HS can have 49 cars).

NFSHS isn't dying... The whole NFS is dying. Actually I'd say HS is in better condition since people still make content for it. But the franchise took a serious nose dive and it'll be hard to recover, to build a new community on its grounds. And what about the old guys? Whenever you hear from them they say "I grew out of it." WTF? Grew out of what? I've been to GTL and GTR2 forums, there's 60-year-old people modding those games! "Growing out", "losing interest" is really a lame excuse.
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2012, 3:45 PM by Zpectre »

Reply #8
on: Feb 14, 2012, 1:01 AM

hmm..  a bit angry post Zpectre.I think you can grow out of a game, that's not a lame excuse.People need to ''refresh'' every once in a while.But I still see efforts being made for nfs4.

I'm gratefull that people like Butch (nfsbolide) came back.I don't know the age of all those modders.

Reply #9
on: Feb 14, 2012, 3:54 AM

Thanks to all of you ...
I know we all strive to do the best for the best game of all time
These days watzelm released the Maserati Gran Turismo S signal ... that really we can have current cars soon ...
is good to know you guys have not given up and put these and other old cars for NFSHS ....
Thank you all

'New T3ED is comming ... soon. "
Uouuu..... waiting ..... Aj Lethal

Reply #10
on: Feb 14, 2012, 4:17 AM

• Personal Text
    Dark Paladin
hmm..  a bit angry post Zpectre.I think you can grow out of a game, that's not a lame excuse.People need to ''refresh'' every once in a while.But I still see efforts being made for nfs4.

I'm gratefull that people like Butch (nfsbolide) came back.I don't know the age of all those modders.

Hahaha sorry for the angry note, didn't really intend to do that... But I'm a bit nostalgic... I remember the time when NFSCars' Editing Projects section was filled with new cars everyday and awaiting their release anxiously... It was fun. Nowadays the section is deserted, partly because, in a stupid move, they decided to separate converted cars as if discriminating them. No other modding site does that... Instead, sites like The Borg (another decadent site BTW) use tags in the thread title to mark scratch-made content and conversions, which is much fairer...

In the current state of things we'd really need some sort of revolution. Also the fact EA now has a forum of their own has lowered traffic to NFS fan sites.
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2012, 4:19 AM by Zpectre »

Reply #11
on: Feb 15, 2012, 7:05 AM

Code 4

The only thing I can say about NFSHS is that after many years I still like this game.
It will never be deleted from my computer :D

Gr. Code 4

Reply #12
on: Feb 17, 2012, 8:34 PM
Rookie Member

High Stakes is too awesome to die. it will always be my favorite Need for Speed Game

Reply #13
on: Feb 20, 2012, 9:06 AM

• Personal Text
    Ramms+ein fan
I won't let it die, either. And I should be much more active by the end of the month.

Reply #14
on: Feb 21, 2012, 5:55 PM
Administrator Hero Member

The only thing I can say about NFSHS is that after many years I still like this game.
It will never be deleted from my computer :D

Gr. Code 4

Need for Speed High Stakes has been on my PC(s) almost continuously since January 2000, the longest time that it was absent was somewhere in 2008, after a re-install. My computer just feels naked without it.

Support NFSAddons: