NFSAddons Forums

Mar 28, 2024, 9:39 AM

My Pc Glitch,.?

This is a discussion for the topic My Pc Glitch,.? on the board Hardware, Software & Technology.

Author Topic: My Pc Glitch,.?  (Read 12713 times)

7 Replies on My Pc Glitch,.?
on: Apr 05, 2010, 5:21 AM

• Personal Text
    I keep trying so far... Hmm 😶‍🌫️ ☮️ 😎
Hi ok what i have too Rant about here is really some kind of File assoiation.
What i mean is my Pc says the same,with BMP files, are the same,as it does with Jpegs?
They both have have the same look on the File,pic. That shoulden't be that way?

My windows paint wont open any of the files pics says not a windows 32 application? :eek3:
Wierd i know. How can i get,BMP files too look diffrent, than the jpeg files. i mean the way there spose too look.? And open in windows paint again?

How do i reset my pc back on these file formats of being diffrent files from each other? :/
It helps my project better also,see.
Also my RTD.doc is no longer on my Pc how can i get that back reinstalled?
It like Lost. rich text document,i mean.

I've searched my Install disk on what i have and i cant seem too,know how fix these both problems.
Im on XP Sev pak 3. Home edtion.
Let's have a better day...?

Reply #1
on: Apr 05, 2010, 7:39 AM
Administrator Hero Member

I haven't had that happen yet (I don't use MSPaint much anyway), but you can't right-click on any of these Bitmaps or Jpegs and manually choose 'open with...' and then pick MS paint?

I did a quick Google and saw this article, sounds a little like your problem, maybe it's any help?
http://www.generation-nt.com/us/not-valid-win32-application-exe-does-not-have-file-assocaiat-help-152934711.html
The person who replies to this suggests using a fix tool called EXE File association Fix from http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm , maybe it's worth a try.

Reply #2
on: Apr 05, 2010, 1:45 PM

• Personal Text
Sounds Good i will give the Links a Looking Remko :)
I hope i can find out more but what you said, i allready did today.
I Chose MSPaint.exe for the open but Jpeg and Bmps now work with that.
yeah is strange,well i use Paint to edit my sigs is all. Because i dont own fancy
Expensive um, photoshop, at all. It's the tool i use has to be BMP on export.
My Sigs.
Ok Thx buddy. I'll lyk what i find out later.

Ok pic shows what i mean: Well thought the pic would show up bigger ugh.
Well see Jpegs are not 1,407 kb a File, Bmps are, but see how they say Jpegs and File picture, is wrong
On them.

Reply #3
on: Apr 05, 2010, 5:17 PM
Administrator Hero Member

Yeah, I'm seeing what you mean, I must admit I have no idea how that could have happened. Weird.  :confused:

I was gonna suggest Paint.NET as an alternative for using MSPaint, it's a free image and photo editor and a lot more sophisticated than MSPaint is, you can get it at www.getpaint.net

But that doesn't really help you with this issue - also hard to find anything on this subject on Google, sorry I'm not more help. :(

Reply #4
on: Apr 05, 2010, 5:42 PM

• Personal Text
Hey no problem remko,what's Goofy in my head now is, how come No 1, ever told me about this new Paint Sooner! Hehahahha, OWell i see it just came out Feb 25th it said. So it's pretty New :cool:
Well im DLing it now, so i don't want try the Exe/Registry/Editor/ Hack Files, i just DLed earlyer heh.
I Don't want to mess up, my DL. 4+ megs. Ok Thx again Remko i owe, you a piece of my
Apple pie now! :D ;)

Reply #5
on: Apr 05, 2010, 8:34 PM

it sounds like a file association got messed up.  Sometimes if you choose to open a file with a different program then the normal, you gotta make sure that the little box making that new program the default one to open them with is not checked off, because if it is, the new program becomes the program the os uses to load them, even if it doesn't work.

Reply #6
on: Apr 05, 2010, 8:42 PM

• Personal Text
yeah i know,it got messed up..... Heha, no i never check that box
cause i know if Funk me up. But it changed somehow?
This happend weeks ago btw. Thx for your Info Buck
Btw have any that Turkey left? (I couldent help it)

Reply #7
on: Jul 05, 2011, 11:21 AM

will, just in case you never got it sorted out... you can view all file extension associations and change the associated programs/icons in Windows Explorer. Just select 'Options...' from the 'Tools' menu in Explorer, and go to the 'File Types' tab. In case you were still wondering. ;)

Support NFSAddons: